Quantcast

I'm getting helo ride!!!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
To celebrate Bell's 20th anniversary in Mirabel, they are taking ALL employee up in a 427 througout 2006. They will draw names randomly. And so sometime this year, I'll get to ride in helicopter for the second time in my life......

woohoo!

So far I've done no work. Orientation yeterday, "basic helicopter technology" training today. We'll see what happens tomorrow....

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
MMike said:
To celebrate Bell's 20th anniversary in Mirabel, they are taking ALL employee up in a 427 througout 2006. They will draw names randomly. And so sometime this year, I'll get to ride in helicopter for the second time in my life......

woohoo!

So far I've done no work. Orientation yeterday, "basic helicopter technology" training today. We'll see what happens tomorrow....
Cool, 427 is a nice little Helo

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Be sure to stand nice and tall when you exit. It helps your hairstyle stay intact in the draft.

We do heli rides to get to remote desolate locales where science must be performed immediately on a fairly regular basis.

We've got a helmet in our office that has a blade chip on it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Remember, anyone who runs is VC! And anyone who stands still is well-disciplined VC!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I remember my first heli ride. My platoon sgt told me it was only his 7th ride in a heli, which I found a little odd considering his time in service. He went on to relay the tales of the 4 helicopter crashes he'd been in and how he was the only survivor in one that one down in the ocean. I laughed it off as "stressing the noob," but was freaking out in my head. I found out later he was telling the truth and that a lot of the NCOs refused to fly with him because of his "curse."