Quantcast

I'm getting tired of it...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
jdcamb said:
When people do crap like that to me I **** them up and use them as a example. I find very few people **** with me anymore. I let nobody get away with any level of disrespect towards me period. Even if I know they are going to beat my ass. I still take a stand. I am sick of peoples ****.....
Yep this is where I am at. Just last week some lady in the store cracks me in the back of the ankle 3 ****ing time with her cart while talking on her cell. When I finally snapped and told her to get off her phone and watch what she was doing she was pissed at me for innerupting her call. Oh man then I really lost it on her. My theory is that because we have become so PC that people don't call each others **** anymore. If someone is acting like an ass call them on it. Nothing better than the look on there face when you come tapping on there glass in traffic when they thought there is no way a dude on a bike just caught there ass three blocks later at a red light. Even better when they have a window down and you have a FULL bottle of sticky ass Cytomax.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
To get back on track... the best remedy for dips who think it fun to mess with a cyclist. You know those aerosol boat horns that you can buy at the local hardware/marine store. You know the one's you can hear for OVER A MILE. Carry one of those in you pack when you ride urban. Not only does it deter any jackass that might want to cut you off, but is sooooooooooooo loud everyone in a square block will now know you and ALWAYS be looking for you.

Happy Trails

Old D cell batteries are also compact and will hurt like a M/F when thrown. (Can be done right on the bike... they fling easy)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
D cells are better used for punching than throwing, unless its a BMW and it hits their window.

Screw you guys, some one is going to get beaten if they cut me off. :nopity:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
my personal favorite is the old donkey kick to the knee cap, and if there in a car you give em the handlebar love tap, especialy if you have lock in grips

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
Jim, I think you need a hug. Come here, cupcake...
Just watch you hands....

narlus said:
"People leave me alone for the most part"

because you've got 3 metal stars stuck on yr forehead!
You know sometimes I forget they are there. That reminds me I have to clean the stud holes soon....

binary visions said:
Guess we all make our choices on how to live.

Frankly, I would rather ignore the idiots than let a part of my day be consumed with the time it took me to "educate" them to their ways - likely to little or no effect, and also the time and energy it took me to get over my anger at them.

I have little enough time for myself as it is.
You know.... It takes surprisingly little of your time to "educate" a asshole. And yes you will likely have little effect on them. But you will have a release and I think it is important not to bottle your anger up. Maybe I am vapid but I get over things pretty quickly (I have a release you see). Plus I feel so much better knowing that I didn't put up with anyones ****....again. But hey whatever works for you.....jdcamb

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hm, if i were on my bike, and that happen, why stop?
i would have lectured him too, i've done that before anyway.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I really like the fog horn idea dhtahoe...

Jackass: "Boo."

Me in back in Jackass' face: "AWOOOGAHHHHHHH! How do you like that ya prick?"

Jackass: "Huh, what? I can't hear..." (ears ringing)

So I think I need to start commuting with a bandolier full of batteries, spark plugs, pepper spray, a fog horn, and some pamphlets explaining the benefits of being a good citizen. Look out Poncho Villa!

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Serious question here, if someone were to jump out if front of a rider like what happened to jdschall, and the rider where to grab a fist full of rear brake and do a slick rear wheel drift with outside pedal up right into douche bag pedestrians shin.

Couldn't you basically open yourself up to some deep sh!t because you are not supposed to be on a sidewalk with your bike anyways?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
jmvar said:
Couldn't you basically open yourself up to some deep sh!t because you are not supposed to be on a sidewalk with your bike anyways?
Yes probably. And I usually don't ride on the sidewalk but with the snow it was a much safer place for me to be. In all seriousness I would never confront anyone in a physical sense unless in self-defense. Even then I would be thinking "escape", not "inflict damage." I have too much to loose by being stupid. Most of us do. And in life as with football the refs always catch the retaliator not the instigator.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dhtahoe said:
Yep this is where I am at. Just last week some lady in the store cracks me in the back of the ankle 3 ****ing time with her cart while talking on her cell. When I finally snapped and told her to get off her phone and watch what she was doing she was pissed at me for innerupting her call.
Dude. That's a lecture. Now if you'd have grabbed her phone and smashed it on the ground............. :thumb:

-S.S.-