Quantcast

I'm getting trashed this weekend big time cuz... (cleanse anyone?)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So my girl tells me tonight that we're doing a two week cleanse thing starting Monday.

It's some sort of pill 3x/day that we're getting from the health food store (Whole Foods or Wild Oats? some hippy place)

Apparently, i'm going to poop a lot.

Anyone cleanse before?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
LordOpie said:
So my girl tells me tonight that we're doing a two week cleanse thing starting Monday.

It's some sort of pill 3x/day that we're getting from the health food store (Whole Foods or Wild Oats? some hippy place)

Apparently, i'm going to poop a lot.

Anyone cleanse before?
OMFG. Is there nothing you guys won't talk about here? That is just too much information already.....:eek:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
LordOpie said:
woohoo. Bring some Wild Turkey from the plant.
Id rather bring some jack. I think i live closer to that plant anyway. Seriously, Ill be there in may. Dont go getting any ****ing henna tattoos or dredlocks in the meantime and MAYBE we can hang out.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
well. I've been working on a software project for 2 years. it was DOOMED from the start but mgt said 'Ok we hear what 'you' are saying but 'they' sound very convincing so we're going with what they are saying.'
So finally we've went into production. I went from working about 5 hours a day 5 days a week to about 10 hours a day 7 days a week.
In test the software was f'ed up BUT my 'team' pushed through. We slowly implemented it into production then BAM! everything went wrong. Very crazy. in fact at one point i took down the entire network just by attempting 2 processes at once :O
But now, today we ended with more solutions than issues and we might, just might have come to a point were the entire system is slightly stable.
Here’s how crazy the stuff is ‘I’ am the person who has found 75% of the problems for the entire industry and my ‘team’ has found solutions and implemented them before the software company even had a chance to address them. We hacked their ware, formed a user group THEN slapped them in the face by inviting them to participate in the conference call we were holding.
i'm having a couple of hurricanes.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Westy said:
I've cleansed before. It's called the flu/food poisoning, not something I'd want to do on purpose.
i have had that happen twice in my life time. Both from my fridge. i have unplugged it AND duck taped it shut. i have a phone hanging on the fridge door just in case i forget i dont have any food in the apt.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
The stuff you're gonna use isn't called isogenics or something close is it? That stuff is voodoo in a bottle man. Not to be trifled with.

Ugh. I get shivers just thinking about cleanses. Plan to be in the bathroom all friggin day.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
LordOpie said:
girl says not isogenics. But probably something similar... very bowel friendly.
I bought a detox kit this summer from a health food store. Even thought I spent most of my day in the bathroom, once the treatment is over, I felt really good. For the 2 weeks I was on it, I worked out alot, didn't drink or smoke, and rode alot. Once I was finished I have never felt so good. Sure, the 2 weeks were hell, but I thought it was worth it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
A friend of mine's wife has been doing the cleansing thing for over a year now - he says its a 3 day bitch cycle and he doesn't want anything to do with her on cleansing days. She has lost 40 LBS so it evens out as he is more interested in her the other 2 days.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
I've cleansed before. It's called the flu/food poisoning, not something I'd want to do on purpose.
Yeah man, I had the stomach bug earlier this week. Once I recovered, I'd didn't poop for two days because I had NOTHING LEFT.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
Once I recovered, I'd didn't poop for two days because I had NOTHING LEFT.
This tidbit of information made my day.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I had to cleanse to get a colonoscopy once about 5 years ago and I hate every minute of it. I felt like crap for two days and then when i finally started eating again i felt like crap for two more days. It felt good to be completely empty but getting there and getting back to normal sucked.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I heard about a study on the news saying cleansing does nothing beneficial. Are you also going to get a colon-power-enema thingie?
Those really **** up your gut because it washes out all of the good bacteria & throws the whole bowel chemistry off.

Why not just do some yoga or smoke a bowl?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
been doing yoga and smoking, feeling better too. Going to yoga today as well... riding our bikes to the studio and home before the snow comes.

But I think the cleanse we're doing is different. Some of y'all didn't eat much during it? I think we're allowed (supposed to in fact) eat as much as we want, just good stuff. No processed crap. But I can eat as much organic fruits and veggies as I want, so I don't see me being hungry.

This program thing is supposed to not harm or flush the good bacteria. And I totally recommend to everyone to make sure you have enough good bacteria in your tummy. My girl made me take some probiotic stuff after the antibotics from knee surgery infection flushed good bateria out. My stomach felt better after a week of taking good bacteria than it had for the previous year.

I am supposed to stop weed, alcohol, coffee :dead: how can I cold turkey coffee?

Did y'all stop eating when you did yours? I don't this is supposed to empty me out of everything, just the bad stuff.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I stopped coffee last month and haven't had the urge to go back. The headache was pretty intense and lasted for over 2 days beginning about 20 hours after my last cup. Good luck. :oink:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yeah, the coffee would get me too. caffeine withdrawal is the worst. you better just grin & bare it like SM, the God amongst men, did. :D