Quantcast

I'm giving up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
An anecdote of exactly 1;

Slept almost 11 hours uninterrupted. Did not wake up feeling like someone was try to twist my head/neck from my shoulders. I'm sore, but it feels like the sort of sore that comes after weight lifting or something, but two days later. It's definitely an improvement. Placebo or drugs? Who knows. I suppose time will tell, but I actually feel rested this morning.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If it is placebo, who cares? Working is working.

I wouldn't even call what you're doing "giving up", you're just shifting gears because what you're doing wasn't working. That's what you should do. Keep your head up, and this morning should be a reminder that feeling not-shitty is possible, all you have to do is sort out how to make that feeling last.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Daily pain sucks.

Probably the single most thing to alter your mental health.

You are doing the right thing by making the appointment. In the end I suspect you will kick youraelf for not doing it sooner.
As an update, this seems to be the case so far.

Dont know if the "sleep aid/antidepressant" does much. My sleep this last 8 or so days has definitely improved, but I've still had a 3 nights worth of light/broken sleep with periods of ceiling staring. I will say that the muscle relaxer seems to be working like a champ. My neck and shoulders have been 1000x times looser, the headaches have pretty much gone away, and I haven't consumed a single OTC pain killer since I saw the doc. Alcohol consumption has gone way down too.

So......So far so good I guess. :thumb:

I also really appreciate the support and well wishes, fellow internet travelers. Thanks.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Alcohol consumption has gone way down too.
So you're saying you now have some excess supply to share with your fake internet friends? I'll PM you my address.

Glad to hear it's working out so far. A couple nights of shitty sleep are better than shitty sleep every night. What's your policy on CBD? Did you already go over this? I know you have to stay weed free in order to work on airplanes, but CBD should be good to go right? Shit sorted out my sleep when nothing else would, maybe worth thinking about adding to your arsenal.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Glad to hear it's working out so far. A couple nights of shitty sleep are better than shitty sleep every night. What's your policy on CBD? Did you already go over this? I know you have to stay weed free in order to work on airplanes, but CBD should be good to go right? Shit sorted out my sleep when nothing else would, maybe worth thinking about adding to your arsenal.
I toyed with CBD for quite a while. I could never quite decide if it worked for me or not. Some days I thought it was helping, some days I thought it was snake oil. It seemed to take the edge off, but my monthly out of pocket costs were kind of a deal breaker. Don't know about out there in Cali, but in CO a months worth was $$$. The amount of relief I thought I might have been getting did not match the cost.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I don’t want to doubt your doctor or the prescribed medication, but we should also take into account that you just got Smashed™.

Hope the trend of less pain and more sleep continues

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Few things in life are more frustrating than being unable to fall back asleep and staring at the ceiling (or my dysfunctional approach: looking at the clock and calculating how few hours are left before I have to get up...)

I heard about the evolutionary concept called second sleep and the TL;DR is that we were hardwired "back in the day" to get up in the middle of the night to stoke the fire and check on our critters re: night time predators.

It was still common in ye olde colonial times to get up and work for an hour or two (with a pint even...) in the middle of the night:

So while it won't solve your insomnia I hope understanding how common this phenomenon really is can bring you some measure of peace...

I have always said the day that my kids dropped their afternoon naps were the saddest two days of my life, because it was my nap time too...

We could all benefit from the occasional nap or in @SkaredShtles case : la siesta / il sonnellino

:monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Few things in life are more frustrating than being unable to fall back asleep and staring at the ceiling (or my dysfunctional approach: looking at the clock and calculating how few hours are left before I have to get up...)

I heard about the evolutionary concept called second sleep and the TL;DR is that we were hardwired "back in the day" to get up in the middle of the night to stoke the fire and check on our critters re: night time predators.

It was still common in ye olde colonial times to get up and work for an hour or two (with a pint even...) in the middle of the night:

So while it won't solve your insomnia I hope understanding how common this phenomenon really is can bring you some measure of peace...

I have always said the day that my kids dropped their afternoon naps were the saddest two days of my life, because it was my nap time too...

We could all benefit from the occasional nap or in @SkaredShtles case : la siesta / il sonnellino

that reminds me, pretty soon i'm gonna have to get back on the early wakeup schedule to kick up a fire.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

I read this method a few months ago.

It really helped me to sleep faster.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I go away for a little bit and all hell breaks loose...seriously, can't you people hold it together for a bit???

I kid of course...

I come from a family of addictive/compulsives and substance abusers...there is nothing we havent tried, like many of you. I live in fear of prescription meds, injuries and migraines be damned. Bikes, hockey, music and the gym have been my salvation. A few years ago, being an out of the closet wrasslin fan, I found this book/workout...it has helped immensely with my mobility and lingering pain issues...maybe it will help you...