Quantcast

I'm goin to see those Boys called Beastie!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hell yeah!

I have not been lucky enough to see them but I hear their shows are teh best ever.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
oh my god. i am really starting to hate how envious i constantly am of you. SWEEET bike, badass velvet print of elvis and jesus, and now the beastie boys and violent femmes. oooooooooooo.:angry: :p

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by laura
oh my god. i am really starting to hate how envious i constantly am of you. SWEEET bike, badass velvet print of elvis and jesus, and now the beastie boys and violent femmes. oooooooooooo.:angry: :p
Well how bout this...I'm goin to see Prince Tuesday night...and then Mix a Lot the following sunday...and my dh bike is gonna be a pretty baby blue with flames and flowers...:D neener neener neeeener....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by dh girlie
I'm goin to see Prince Tuesday night...and then Mix a Lot the following sunday

alright, im starting to feel a little less envious. thanks.

oh yeah, that bike should be pink.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
D pulled me over said hide your gold...the girl is crafty like ice is cold...the girl is crafty she knows all the moves,i started playin' records she knew all the grooves....he thought she's with D and D is right...but i just figured she spend the night...when i woke up late in the afternoon...she had taken all the things from inside his room..i found myself naked in the middle of the floor,she had taken the bed and the chester drawers..the mirror the tv the new guitar chord..my remote control and my old skateboard..she robbed us blind she took all we owned and boys blamed me for bringin' her home.........

Yeah I'm a fan :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The last time I saw them was with A Tribe Called Quest. The only other time was with Henry Rollins/L7 In what could be described as a wedding hall.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by stevew
The last time I saw them was with A Tribe Called Quest. The only other time was with Henry Rollins/L7 In what could be described as a wedding hall.
Hey, I saw them with Rollins (and Da Lench Mob) once, too.

Rollins was introducing them as the next act, and said, "Yeah, we got Mike Diamond here tonight..." at which point I felt kinda funny, because my name is Mike Diamond.

MD

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Aren't both those bands taking Geritol now? :D

Couple more years and they'll be sadder than the Rolling Stones continuing to
nah...they were only like 17 when they started so they are just in their 30's...plus they don't have that many cd's out...they don't put out crap just to put out another cd...

Besides...I don't care who likes em and who duddn't..I love em and I'm goin and I'm gonna have fun while y'all are stuck behind your desk waiting for the next witty post on rm! :D (It's on a work day)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by narlus
never been to a rap show, but i can't imagine that it would be all that entertaining. do they just play the cd and shout along to it?
It depends on who you see...typically, it's not a cd...it's vinyl that a dj is workin:rolleyes: DJ's are musicians and turntables are instruments.

I've been to tons of rap shows...they're all different, but sometimes it just sounds like a bunch of dudes screamin in a mic. Cypress Hill...they have a couple dj's, but then they bring a thrash band on stage for part of the show...beasties have a dj, musicians, and they play their own instruments for part of the show. Kottonmouth Kings have a dj but they do have a drummer...and his kit is built into a schwinn stingray! But like anything else, you have to like rap to go to a rap show or you will leave with a contact high and a headache.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
agreed that DJ's are musicians, but is there really any way to impart spontaneity to what basically boils down to playing pre-recorded music? scratching ain't exactly musical, either.

i'd much rather listen to DJ shadow, DJ spooky, dan the automater or kool keith than see them live. i can't imagine it would be an improvement on the recorded artifact.

well, it would be pretty cool to see kool keith in action.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by narlus
agreed that DJ's are musicians, but is there really any way to impart spontaneity to what basically boils down to playing pre-recorded music? scratching ain't exactly musical, either.

i'd much rather listen to DJ shadow, DJ spooky, dan the automater or kool keith than see them live. i can't imagine it would be an improvement on the recorded artifact.

well, it would be pretty cool to see kool keith in action.
you're not really watching the dj...more the 'featured artist' I guess you could say. There is just as much spontaneity at live rap shows as there is with a band...they have variations in their shows as well...you should just go see ludacris or someone...HAHAHA!

Oh an you'll never feel more safe at concert than you will at a rap show...metal detectors, security...and everyones always dressed in their best duds, so no thrown beer or fights...that fubu stuff's expensive!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by dh girlie
Well how bout this...I'm goin to see Prince Tuesday night...and then Mix a Lot the following sunday...and my dh bike is gonna be a pretty baby blue with flames and flowers...:D neener neener neeeener....
I'm seeing PRIMUS on Saturday...:p :devil: