Quantcast

I'm going F'n nuts! (work)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So I think I've lost it. I'm on the 3rd week of extreme overtime and I just saw the cleaning crew come in again, 7pm. I get here at 7:30am......... GAH!!!

I want to go home and do normal things: eat, do laundry, ride my bike more than once a week! The OT paychecks are great and all, but I want my goddamn life back!

It pissing me off a lot since I seem to be the only lucky mofo with the buttload of work that can't be passed to anyone else. Others have even taken the "I won't do overtime anymore" attitude. :mad:

If I don't have to see another cell phone coverage map for a year, I'll be a happy man :dead:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
FOR ZARK'S SAKE!!!

Ah yes, the ultimate tradeoff in life. When I was broke, I couldn't buy anything new but had all the time in the world to ride. Now that I have the money to buy the shiznit I want, I don't have the time to use it. What to do...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, it's that trade off for not having to eat ramen noodles any more..... That said I haven't even had dinner and won't be leaving for at least another 2-3 hours.

I just need to vent. If I yell at the top of my lungs the cleaning people will look at me funny ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It sucks, but at least you get overtime. I am salaried and my boss expects a MINIMUM of 40 hours a week. In two months we begin rolling out the new electronic medical record software, which we'll be doing after hours. Weekends too. All with no extra pay, comp days, or other bennies.

The tradeoff is that when we are not busy we are able to pull shorter days and take longer lunches. That is the nice thing about being salaried. Of course it always seems that I get more long days than short days.

But I feel for you. Working late sucks, no matter what the pay. hopefully you can get out of there soon.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Overtime is great...but...

my overtime for the most part can be taken when ever i want it, so I am never forced to do it.
this way, if i want to go home and ride I can. It works out for me!!!!!! besides my day starts at 5 am so i start over time at 12:30 so i can take 3 hrs of over time in a day and be home by 4 pm !!!!!!

if i had to work till 7 30 everynight id hate that

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
hooples3 said:
Overtime is great...but...

my overtime for the most part can be taken when ever i want it, so I am never forced to do it.
this way, if i want to go home and ride I can. It works out for me!!!!!! besides my day starts at 5 am so i start over time at 12:30 so i can take 3 hrs of over time in a day and be home by 4 pm !!!!!!

if i had to work till 7 30 everynight id hate that

My overtime is deadline driven and I don't set the deadlines. I can take the overtime whenever I want, but I'd rather not still be here at midnight. :dead:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Brian HCM#1 said:
Maybe you'd get home at a decent time if you stopped f'n around here on RM.
I post while my computer chugs. Not exactly saving myself a lot of time there.

Hey, we'll see how funny you are at Northstar old man :evil:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Maps wait for no man. Get back to work, slacker.

I'm going to be heading to SB at least once over the summer...so keep your couch free...
:D Now that you have no reason to come south, we'll have to come north.

MD

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm hella funny & hella slow:thumb: You gonna be there opening weekend?
Yes, I will. My friends and I are already making plans. What do you recommend for accomodations funny guy?;)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
Maps wait for no man. Get back to work, slacker.

I'm going to be heading to SB at least once over the summer...so keep your couch free...
:D Now that you have no reason to come south, we'll have to come north.

MD
Ooh Big Bear wasn't that good to begin with right? :dead:
Cruise on up Mike!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Zark said:
Yes, I will. My friends and I are already making plans. What do you recommend for accomodations funny guy?;)
I got my accomodation :blah: We'll need to get a group together that sat night for food & beer. You can try staying @ N*, I believe you can score a free lift ticket if you stay there. It maybe worth it.