Quantcast

I'm going to be a Dad

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well its a long story folks but.......

I'm going to be a father....... Yup konabumm is going to have a kid.....

I know a lot of you are going to take this opportunity to say some ball bashing stuff. Go for it, just please nothing rude about the kid....

I'm stoked! I'm going to be a dad........ I was at a bike race this weekend and they had organized a kid’s race. 2 and under, 5 and under, 7 and under. I can't wait for the day when I can take my kid to a race, they watch me race and I watch them race.

On top of that the unbelievable amount of emotions and stress I have been under after finding this out have just about drove me insane.

I have been debating if I should post this on here but I figured what the hell, once my kid is born I would really like to post a picture so I thought I would get all the bashing out now.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is it going to be your child or is this the friend that you had posted about helping before?

Either way, hey, I know we all give you a hard time, but having a kid is a huge deal and all I've got to say is congratulations and best of luck.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
binary visions said:
Is it going to be your child or is this the friend that you had posted about helping before?

Either way, hey, I know we all give you a hard time, but having a kid is a huge deal and all I've got to say is congratulations and best of luck.

Its going to be all mine..... sure it could have been under better circumstances but..... It's going to be mine.

I'll tell you I'm scared to death but I'm at a point in my life where money isn't a problem so that helps ALOT.

Thank you, your the one I was worried about the most when it came to ball bashing. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
konabumm said:
Its going to be all mine..... sure it could have been under better circumstances but..... It's going to be mine.

I'll tell you I'm scared to death but I'm at a point in my life where money isn't a problem so that helps ALOT.

Thank you, your the one I was worried about the most when it came to ball bashing. :)
:thumb:

Hey, I may be a heartless bastard, but I've still got a heart and I'm not a complete bastard ;)

Post pictures :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Congrats, Konabumm. You have a monumental responsibility on your doorstep.

Remember - with a child it has almost nothing to do with money. Time is what is important to a child.

Keep it in mind, mah man.

-S.S.-

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Congrats, Konabumm. You have a monumental responsibility on your doorstep.

Remember - with a child it has almost nothing to do with money. Time is what is important to a child.

Keep it in mind, mah man.

-S.S.-

Well I know that I'm not a big fan of infants. But once they get a little older its going to be great. Helps that I'm just a big a$$ kid myself.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Cool, congrats! I prefer to enjoy other people's kids but stick to animals, myself. My niece just got her first two-wheeled bike and it's the neatest thing to watch her rip it up! Those training wheels will be gone so fast!!

J

JRB

Jr_Bullit said:
I prefer to enjoy other people's kids but stick to animals, myself. My niece just got her first two-wheeled bike and it's the neatest thing to watch her rip it up! Those training wheels will be gone so fast!!
:stupid: Wumpus kids are a hoot for me, but I don't think I am grown up enough yet.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
well, to tell you the truth I really didn't / don't want kids. But now that one is on the way I'm going to make the best of it. No point in stressing out about this.

I do know that I'm going to get a Vasectomy... I don't want ANY MORE.... 1 and done

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Congrats!! Welcome to the start of an awesome adventure.........it's more fun than you think, and don't listen to all the other parents and their horror stories.

I'll second SS, time is the key, time is what they'll remember not the stuff you got them.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
konabumm said:
I'm going to be a father.......
Congratulations.
You know what they say - any man can father a kid, but it takes a man with character to be a father to a kid.

Set aside any ideas about what you did or didn't want, and do your best to be a great dad to this kid. Andyman is right - it's all about the time you spend with him or her.
One more hint - learn to laugh at yourself. Grown adults are never more silly than when caring for and interacting with kids. Let that be a source of joy, not agitation.

Having a kid is just about the best thing that ever happened to me.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
does this have anything to do with the lady in the skirt in your meeting that you told us about?

oh and congrats.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
Ummm... don't neglect the infant time. It's one of the *most* important 18 months of a human's life. There is *so* much that is imprinted during this time.

-S.S.-
I agree, at 11 months Noah is already copying what I do, last night I taught him how to make rally car noises..............being a dad is so cool.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
congrats man, we're having our first child (a boy) in 2 months... no point in worrying about it now, but life is going to change. hopefully once the little one is here, you won't have to 'make the best of it' ... you never know, it may change your life for the better!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
konabumm said:
It looks like around December 3rd. A great tax baby. Haha and I think we have names as well
Boy - Mancil Ray Gray III (after me and my dad)
Girl - Cora Marie Gray
I have a couple suggestions-

Boy - Frederick Andrew Gray
Girl - Holly Alise Gray

Whaddya think? :)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
SkaredShtles said:
There is *so* much that is imprinted during this time.
Werd. While everyone was trying to teach my nephew to say their names while holding him, I would only stick my tongue out at him. For the longest time, whenever he saw me, he would automitcally stick his tongue out. I guess I was "uncle :p"

:D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BikeGeek said:
Werd. While everyone was trying to teach my nephew to say their names while holding him, I would only stick my tongue out at him. For the longest time, whenever he saw me, he would automitcally stick his tongue out. I guess I was "uncle :p"

:D

My sister was less than amused when I taught my niece that looked like a little angel to sing insane in the membrane...getting insane got no brain when she was just learning to talk...

However, her 7 year old called me the other day and sang a verse from baby got back (guess Donkey in Schreck 2 sings it)...I was so proud of her...two generations of mix a lot fans...does a heart good! :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
thats soooo awesome.. my wife and i are starting to plan for one.. whaty kind of bike are you getting him/her

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Congrats and hurrah.

Kid's rock.

Well, mine does at least.

:love: :love: :love: