Quantcast

I'm gonna be on a reality TV show?!?!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, it looks like the gears are turning and I could shortly be filmed for a reality TV show that could make it on the air. I can't say much about what it is, but it would be pretty cool. I've got the contract on my desk right now and I'm trying to figure out the answer to the age old bike-related question - what could possibly go wrong :weee:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Not to sound cynical, but pleeeeaaaassse be careful. Reality shows are not known for their happy, inspirational, uplifting programming, but for destructive, humiliating portrayals of otherwise normal people. Just... keep your eyes open.

Very best of luck, and congratulations on what sounds like a great adventure and exciting opportunity!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
portrayals of otherwise normal people.

Very best of luck, and congratulations on what sounds like a great adventure and exciting opportunity!
The guys in a rock band and puts hooks in his body for fun. I don't know anyone else who does that.

Good luck man, like she says, hope it works out. :thumb: I may have to get tv again just to watch.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Well, it looks like the gears are turning and I could shortly be filmed for a reality TV show that could make it on the air. I can't say much about what it is, but it would be pretty cool. I've got the contract on my desk right now and I'm trying to figure out the answer to the age old bike-related question - what could possibly go wrong :weee:
When you get rich and famous will you buy everyone on the monkey some Ridemonkey green King headsets and hubs to go with?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The guys in a rock band and puts hooks in his body for fun. I don't know anyone else who does that.
...and I have a 9-5 white collar job as a financial analyst, and can ride a mountain bike and a unicycle. that is why they grabbed me as a cast member :thumb:

the pay aint to bad (no base, but payment of a set amount per each episode aired)

i'm stoked, with a bit of luck, it will be good publicity for Igor Spectre and CoRE. i'd be stoked to do a hook show or play with my band on national TV (though the band did get on played on ABC and ESPN over a NASCAR event). if filming hits the right time of year, maybe i could get them to do an on-location shoot at Whistler :weee:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
My point is that reality TV is primarily about exploitation. People getting something other than what they are promised, and the show then playing on that misplaced expectation is SOP.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My point is that reality TV is primarily about exploitation. People getting something other than what they are promised, and the show then playing on that misplaced expectation is SOP.
agreed. i was on a show once before as a guest, and a friend of mine was the star. since she was the star, the show tried to put her in a good light and i got some of that benefit too. the other peeps on the show... not so much.

Do it. Hardly anybody gets that opportunity.
no doubt. even if it is an epic fail, it will be an epic win. i'm an only child, i can't pass up this kind of a chance for attention. hell... what if this breaks my band? i doubt it, but what if? ahhh, keeping hope alive.

I'll bet the unicycle skills sealed the deal.
:thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mandown just remember, having sex with Flavor flav the first night won't do anything to help you win.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sunny, I understand your point, and agree with it. But I'm not worried about mandown. Something tells me if anyone can pull off an epic reality show trolling, its him.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
...um, yeah, I'm gonna need some more ridemonkey stickers and shirts so that i'm always wearing them on camera, and i will randomly blurt "ridemonkey.com" in the middle of sentences that have nothing to do with bikes.

JK - thanks for the belief that i can deal with this troll-tastic experience. everybody thinks i'm a douche, now i've got a chance to prove them right.

MQ - maybe not for everybody on the monkey, but maybe i'll get one and have a drawing. of course, that will be predicated on the ratings showing that we captured the mtb demo.

...the real question is, when am i gonna find some "alone" time? how long can a guy go without? of course, i could just take care of business with the cameras on. what, like they would air that?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
...um, yeah, I'm gonna need some more ridemonkey stickers and shirts so that i'm always wearing them on camera, and i will randomly blurt "ridemonkey.com" in the middle of sentences that have nothing to do with bikes.
tourrettes?

JK - thanks for the belief that i can deal with this troll-tastic experience. everybody thinks i'm a douche, now i've got a chance to prove them right.

You need to start training. Think about the douchiest thing you've ever done. You are going to have to out-douche that. Take it to whole new level of douche. I'm talking biggest douche in the universe douche level. I'm talking, tapout shirt, tribal tattoo, monster and hennessey swilling blowout hair popped collar douche. You've basically got a free pass here.

...the real question is, when am i gonna find some "alone" time? how long can a guy go without? of course, i could just take care of business with the cameras on. what, like they would air that?
just whip it out whenever you feel like it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
monster and hennessey swilling blowout
O
M
F
G

I never even thought of that combo. Yes, I mix monster and gin, and monster and absinthe, even red bull (works better for this) and kahlua, but that is some new-jack crunk juice. Tonight, we swill the finest. But whatever will we call such a drink? Perhaps the Crankcase? the Crankshaft, the Jackshaft, Bacon Grease, Monkey Spit? I'm gonna need to start a poll here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
O
M
F
G

I never even thought of that combo. Yes, I mix monster and gin, and monster and absinthe, even red bull (works better for this) and kahlua, but that is some new-jack crunk juice. Tonight, we swill the finest. But whatever will we call such a drink? Perhaps the Crankcase? the Crankshaft, the Jackshaft, Bacon Grease, Monkey Spit? I'm gonna need to start a poll here.
hahahaha this reminds me... there was a bar that i used to frequent when I was in college. It was a tiny little bar called the stock exchange and it was ground level of some business skyrise in downtown rochester. it was the only bar in that part of town, it was only open weeknights, and it was run by one lady. We went there all the time because, well, the bartender pretty much let us do anything we wanted.

Anyways, one night there were some black dudes there. They had been bs'ing w/ us, and eventually bought us a round of crunk juice (red bull and henney). That was my first time having it. It actually wasn't bad. Then they bought another round. "yea dis is what we call super crunk juice. its da same as regular crunk juice but we supa charge it wif sum one fiddy one".

:rofl: