Quantcast

im gonna cry

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
i think im going through another growth spurt.

im already 6'4'', im not going to be able to ride bikes anymore!!!

:(

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
go buy a basketball :)
funny you mention, ive played about every team sport a highschool can offer, quit all of them.

played basketball, was OK, but didn't like it.

played baseball, was good, but didn't lost interest

hated football

play lacrosse, was a real good goalie but cant stand the coaches at my school.

i just don't like relying on other people and having some jack off coach boss you around.

bikes are way betta.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
what about wrestling ??? nothing screams tough like 2 sweaty guys rolling around in lycra...

seriously... add man wrestling to the long list of things i don t understand in the usa...

don t worry mate... just enjoy riding ya bikes... you and i (nor anyone else here) will ever be world champs... just ride and have fun... thats all that matters... hopefully you won t end up being 6' 15"s...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the huge dude that the bruins drafted (defenseman from slovenia) is like 6'8" or so, and has at least five bikes. there was a cool interview w/ him in the globe last week...he likes to pre-ride the TdF stage the day before, then watch the race, and leapfrogs.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
the huge dude that the bruins drafted (defenseman from slovenia) is like 6'8" or so, and has at least five bikes. there was a cool interview w/ him in the globe last week...he likes to pre-ride the TdF stage the day before, then watch the race, and leapfrogs.
That's hardcore. A friend of mine went over to France 2 weeks after the last TdF and rode the same route. He said it was amazing and that the mountain stages kicked his ass....I said chairlifts were invented for a reason...he didn't seem too amused by that....I was.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
probably not. but i damn sure hope i turn pro eventually.
Keep the dream, but make sure you focus on your education too. I think every kid has the desire to be a professional athlete, but the percent that actually realize that dream is very small. It's a good idea to have an education to fall back on if it doesn't work out.

I was going to be a pro baseball player when I was a kid, now I'm a frickin' System Analyst - not nearly as glamorous but it's enabled me to purchase 3 bikes in the last 16 months (that's when I started riding again) and two for my wife. I really can't complain, college was fun and my job w/ the hospital is pretty interesting.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, if I was 6'5" Id be a pro football player making BANK! Hit the weights NOW! You still got time to be an all-pro tight end.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Keep the dream, but make sure you focus on your education too. I think every kid has the desire to be a professional athlete, but the percent that actually realize that dream is very small.
Its even more important if you are trying to become a professional athlete in a sport that does not pay you anything and in one where you are a senoir citizen at 34.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Man, if I was 6'5" Id be a pro football player making BANK! Hit the weights NOW! You still got time to be an all-pro tight end.
Yeah, what he said (where's the "stupid" smilie?)

dude, don't complain about being 6'5"+ when there are people like me who are 5'6".