Quantcast

I'm having a tough time buying into this one...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I just saw a commercial for these on TV and I happened to be near the laptop - so I Googled it.

Could I just duct tape some shop towels to my feet to achieve the required result?

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
"just like a tree draws energy in, and toxins down it's trunk.....":twitch:

WTF?!!!??

I'm no Michael Dirr, but I know a thing or two about trees. I'm fairly certain that very little about the health and life of a tree can be directly analogous to a human....:busted:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
"just like a tree draws energy in, and toxins down it's trunk.....":twitch:

WTF?!!!??

I'm no Michael Dirr, but I know a thing or two about trees. I'm fairly certain that very little about the health and life of a tree can be directly analogous to a human....:busted:
You sir, are correct. And what is on those foot pads that draws these toxins out?

rogue22

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
they remove cellulite?? maybe I should strap some of these on my gf as she sleeps....

ok Im just kidding....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I have seen that infomercial quite a few times as well, and I plan on getting some. They say it can help with headaches. I've tried EVERYTHING! Hell, for $20, that won't even hold a candle to what I have spent on migraine medication. I figure, what can it hurt right?

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
they remove cellulite?? maybe I should strap some of these on my gf as she sleeps....

ok Im just kidding....
Here's a suggestion:

Maybe you should make sure your gf doesn't frequent RM....:rofl:

Your post reminded me of the old joke about the wife who wanted to make her boobs bigger. Her husband suggested that she rub toilet paper between them a few times a day. When she asked why, he pointed out that doing so seemed to be having the same effect on her a$$....

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I looked into those as well the other day. They don't make sense to me because your body has already evolved a method of purging toxins (#1 and #2). How do the pads determine what is a toxin and pull them to your feet? Are they taking out vital vitamins and minerals as well? And I bet there are alot more than just a few pads worth of toxins in your body. And why are all these toxins in your feet? Why the feet? The furthest point from your organs is the best place to remove toxins? Also, if they are so good then why for $20 you get them free for life? Doesn't make much business sense to me unless they are not planning on being around very long.

But the ad does say that they fade over time confirming that they are working. There are a couple of theories to why this happens. First is that maybe there is a little antiperspirant in the pads reducing the amount of sweat on your feet which people have found will turn the pads brown. This can be confirmed by wearing only one pad until it fades then put a pad on the other foot. If it is dirty then the claim is bogus. If it is clean then the next theory might be why. This theory involves rust. Maybe all the pads do is absorb excess iron from your system and when that is gone they no longer turn brown.

IDK, what we need is a reputable source like Dateline or Consumer Reports testing them. I do find it odd that there aren't any scientific tests on these things. However, I found a bunch of reviews on the web and it seems everyone that has tried them likes them. So even if it is placebo for $20 it might be worth it.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
IDK, what we need is a reputable source like Dateline or Consumer Reports testing them. I do find it odd that there aren't any scientific tests on these things. However, I found a bunch of reviews on the web and it seems everyone that has tried them likes them. So even if it is placebo for $20 it might be worth it.
Doesn't Dateline only do the Internet predator shows now??