Quantcast

I'm having naughty urges

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
To sell my XC bike to get a "FR"/DH bike. I like hucking. I like going fast down hills. But the shop I ride for wouldn't be happy if I decided to quit racing XC and 24 Hour abruptly. I love racing 24 and XC, but I also love throwing myself off of things, and I'm too poor to race and have a DH bike at the same time.

*bitchrantoff*

:nopity:

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I've pretty much made this same transition, but I've never been much of a racer. If you really like the competitive aspect, I guess you should probably just be patient and save your money for that new FR rig. Otherwise, go for it. A good remedy for this problem is to be too busy riding to think about it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Enginerd A2 said:
A good remedy for this problem is to be too busy riding to think about it.
*shakes fist at the snow*

Maybe I'll go be a DH racer... :rolleyes:

Too bad my shop doesn't carry any affordable DH bikes.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Heidi said:
screw the shop, do what you want!
But I love to race...SO TORN!

I wouldn't feel good about screwing the shop either, they're my friends and really nice, I don't think I could ever show my face there again. Why can't they carry a good MTB line?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Tell them you need a sweet deal on a big bike to 'train' on in the off season. It would be like weight training except it's a whole lot more fun to downhill on a big bike then a weight machine. :evil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Save your money and be patient and a good deal will come your way. I managed to pick up a like new complete Gemini over Christmas for $500.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Westy said:
Save your money and be patient and a good deal will come your way. I managed to pick up a like new complete Gemini over Christmas for $500.
I'm interested in your newsletter and wish to subscribe.

Where'd you get it? Friend?