Quantcast

Im in a real pickle.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My System 8 rear grimeca brake's lever and master cyilinder have recently broke. I need a new one, either Shimano or Grimeca. But no one will sell me a right side shimano lever and contacting grimeca is like trying to talk with the martians. So, can any body help a honkie out?

I need some idea of what to use for this problem. Does any one here run a shop that will be willing to sell me just the right lever? Other wise I will be forced to buy a whole new set of levers for 100 bucks :angry:

Also, what is the life of Shimano seals in DOT fluid?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Just buy a pair and keep the spare for when the other one blows. But I have no idea about the life of a shimano lever if you're using DOT fluid.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
priceseliger14 said:
Well Mack i didn't think you would fit in a pickle... you proved me wrong... I might buy the other one... Will it fit an XT?

I would be buying the XT levers, they are actually a little cheaper. If you want the left lever id need 45 bucks, i believe they are 90 for a set online.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Grimeca is nearly impossible to talk to...when I was working in a shop, someone had an old locked up front System 2 (I think?). Nobody at Grimeca in the states could answer any questions...they said something about the italians running everything.

:p

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
blue said:
Grimeca is nearly impossible to talk to...when I was working in a shop, someone had an old locked up front System 2 (I think?). Nobody at Grimeca in the states could answer any questions...they said something about the italians running everything.

:p
Those italians have their hands on all the good pickle's

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Have you ever thought about growing ganja in your parents' house? That might help.............. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
One day we will settle this on the ski slope, and you will get dominated. :nuts:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - you'll be over there on the groomed in your skin tight ski-racer suit, and I'll be here in the white room:

We could start referring to you as SkierFox! :thumb:

-S.S.-

Bring it. I have some fattys lying around some where.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
Nice chest-thumping, yah chimp.

You must not ski powder much, because if you did, you'd know there are no winners and losers when you're in the white room. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Cut him some slack, he lives on the East Coast ;)

Another interesting tidbit of information:

Ingredient used to make a pickle a pickle: Vinegar

Main ingredient in douche: Vinegar

Draw your own conclusions.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
blue said:

Another interesting tidbit of information:

Ingredient used to make a pickle a pickle: Vinegar

Main ingredient in douche: Vinegar

Draw your own conclusions.
Another interisting tidbit. Blue's avatar USED to have a pickle.

Mack, I didn't know you ski. Come on out to the west coast. We'll have some fun. Just don't paint your skis.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
blue said:
But I used to live in Sun Valley, and we still have a house there, so i get to go out there somtimes in the winter, but mostly we just drive out in the summer time, the house is rented the rest of the year...

W/e, w/e, racer pricks always own the mountain any way. :eviltongu