Quantcast

I'm In Deep Doo-Doo - But I'd Do It Again!

Old_Dude

Monkey
It's been a long time since I've bought a bike, so, I figured what better way to get back into riding than to get a new bike - right?

I spent a small chunk of change today & bought a new bike. I gave this decision LOTS of thought. I considered getting another full suspension XC bike (used to ride a Fuel 90 w/discs) but I've always wanted a single speed. I also was very impressed with the 29 inch wheels, so, I got those too. My current XC bike uses a rigid Surly fork so, I'm gonna stick with fully rigid - at least for now. I got disc hubs so I can update to disc's later, if I wanna.

Recently, I began taking riding seriously again. Due to job, price of gas and blah, blah, blah, I'm spending most of my time road riding. It's better than running and I work and live very close to some great places to road ride (without having to toss the bike in the car & blah, blah, blah).

The bike will arrive in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to get it and start riding. I'm sure the wife will be really, really mad - she thinks we should spend the money on other stuff - stupid stuff that doesn't matter - you know how some folks are about money - sheesh!

Right now, I'm reminded of the popular saying "It's easier to get forgivness than permission". No matter how many gigantic loads of grief come my way because of this decision, it'll be worth it.

And that's the way it is, so there.

Happy riding,

OD

Old_Dude

Monkey
If she says anything about it, slap her. If she starts to cry, slap her again to show her you mean business.
LOL!

Holy smokes , He's back!!!!
Yeah, well, not really.

See, I bought a notebook computer from this guy when I was in rehab and then I got online & started playing around with the "Favorites" - I clicked on the Ridemonkey link and this website shows up like I'm a member here. Who is this "Old_Dude" anyway? Guess I could do a search . . . hmmmm . . .

J

JRB

Old_Dude said:
LOL!

Yeah, well, not really.

See, I bought a notebook computer from this guy when I was in rehab and then I got online & started playing around with the "Favorites" - I clicked on the Ridemonkey link and this website shows up like I'm a member here. Who is this "Old_Dude" anyway? Guess I could do a search . . . hmmmm . . .
hahaha - yup, Old_Dude is back.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Old_Dude said:
LOL!

Yeah, well, not really.

old_dude was this cool cat that liked sharing interesting stories, that usually included hot chicks wanting to go for a "ride"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Old_Dude said:
LOL!

Yeah, well, not really.

Dude you better call the cops right now. He is probably following you around setting you up for all sorts of crap. I suspect he is looking in the window at you right now. That guy is a freak and not in a good way.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Old_Dude said:
LOL!

Yeah, well, not really.

seriously i was just thinking about you yesterday.

Old_Dude

Monkey
Cool... another person who actually took a test ride on a 29er!
I feel 29'ers are really gonna be more popular in the near future - the advantages are worth consideration - folks need to ponder why 26's became the standard (way, long ago).

For those of you who've posted kind remarks, thanks, it's not easy being me. It feels good to be back. I'll start posting photos/videos of some xc rides again.

Happy riding,

OD

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
corey_dcstreet said:
same boat. we just had a baby and i bought a bullit. didn't go over too well at home :nuts:
We're about to have our second child, and I'm REALLY jonesin to upgrade my old steel hardtail. I don't think that would go over too well either...