Quantcast

I'm in Houston, anybody want to ride?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'm down here at my Uncle's house in Katy until next Tuesday and was wondering if anybody wanted to show me around and do some riding or something. :) I'm bikeless since we drove down here, and will be flying back; so I didn't have the money to spend on a bike box or anything. Also anybody know if any of the shops would let me demo a bike if I did go riding with someone? My uncle lives near Acme Bicycles but I don't know if they do much as far as demos or anything like that.

I'd be interested in anything from mountain biking (haha, mountains here... ;) (Hooray for living in Colorado)) to long road rides. Or just general recommendations of things to do in the area if nobody's interested in riding.

Thanks,
Tony

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
It's surprisingly not too bad temperature-wise. Hell of a lot more humid than up in CO, but currently not as bad as say...Missouri. It's only 80s-90s right now so it's like the same as CO, but humid. :p

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah totally... a week that you'll never get back that inculdes the Telluride MSC. Have fun down there, Tony... we'll make sure the track in Telly is well-ridden in for when you get back. :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Full Trucker said:
Yeah totally... a week that you'll never get back that inculdes the Telluride MSC. Have fun down there, Tony... we'll make sure the track in Telly is well-ridden in for when you get back. :D
Evan...that's not nice. :(

Price, I drove down here with my uncle since he was up in Colorado but I'll be flying back up to CO since I'm down here on my own.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Too bad. I've never made it down to Houston because from what I hear, there is NO riding in Houston worth driving more than a couple of minutes for.

I've heard that Memorial park is where you go if you are in houston and want to MTB.

http://www.austinbike.com/mtb/memorialpark/index.asp

On the other hand, if you want to do a small day trip to Austin, I can show you some pretty good stuff. It won't be CO good stuff, but it will beat the hell out of Houston.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
It's surprisingly not too bad temperature-wise. Hell of a lot more humid than up in CO, but currently not as bad as say...Missouri. It's only 80s-90s right now so it's like the same as CO, but humid. :p
Sounds like an odd anomaly that it's so "cool" there this week. :D Though with a dew point of 74F...... :dead: