Quantcast

I'm in "trouble"... Need suggestions to "get my way"...

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I am going to start by saying this is a just-for-fun posting.

As I was looking at the event calendar for 2014, I saw that the Kamikaze Bike Games will be held September 18th-ish. Why is this date important? Because it's the day after our 17th anniversary. And why is the 17th so important? Because we were married on the 17th, and though there is a golden anniversary, apparently, there is also a golden anniversary/birthday/xx-day that's celebrated on the day equal to the years of wedded bliss/age/etc. Yeah, I know, too many theological celebrations going on (did you know there's a national pizza day?). And prior to knowing of the K.B.G., I told my wife that we need to something really special to celebrate our lives together (she just got her very first passport, and I thought it would be great to use it, like going to Canada or such).

So, RM collective, I think you can see my challenge. I come to you for suggestions, serious or playful, as to how I can do both. Enjoy riding in my happiest place on Earth, and show my wife how easy it is to use her passport.

Suggestions?????

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If you're lucky enough to have a woman put up with you for 17 freakin years you can give her at least one day to do something together, sheesh.

Just remember to charge your lights so you can hit the trails when she falls asleep.

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Multi-replies......

Beef, as much as she loves Mammoth, too, I just can't justify celebrating 17yrs of weddedness there.

Angry, believe me, it's going to be more than a day we'll spend together at that time. I am planning a celebration week, for corn sake.

Crab, yes, I'm serious, as she never had a need for one prior to the whole 9-11 thing. After all, when I did take her to Mexico the one time, we were still allowed to just use driver's licenses to cross the border.

Skared and C.P., I doubt she'd be able to handle the flight there, let alone the excellent food.

Valve, not to sound like a butthead, just wanted to post something for fun, and to get my mind off the Olympics.

Da, I already thought you were crazy, haha.

IAB, for some reason, I have a strong feeling you are going to be right on this one.

Pppplllleeeaaaasssseeee let us hit lottery so I can really bribe her....................

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
No Loco sucks or bacon option...I dont know what to do!

You can pedal any day...only have so many specialtothewomanforGodknowswhy days out there. Give her one nice day, and a better night, ( :weee: :brows::banana: ) and you will get many free passes for days in the saddle...