Quantcast

I'm less of a man today....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
....because i lost 10lbs in the last 10 days!

started weight watchers with a friend of mine. i've always been very active but i just eat too much. i'm having to re-learn proper portion size and eating habits.

anyhoo, 10 down, 25 to go! i started at 247, am 237 now and shooting for the 210 range.

i bet if i shaved my back hair i'd be down to about 230 :blah: :nope: :love:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Well, thanks to college, I'm down to one meal a day, about 20-25 miles of riding, 3-7k of swimming, and then walking to classes mixed in. I'll either die or be in awesome shape. Good luck with your deal.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
amateur said:
Well, thanks to college, I'm down to one meal a day, about 20-25 miles of riding, 3-7k of swimming, and then walking to classes mixed in. I'll either die or be in awesome shape. Good luck with your deal.

I was in a similar boat. Before college 190-195. During college 150. There was never much money left for food and I was riding every spare minute I could squeeze in. That was my secret of weight loss, go to college out of state and work full time to pay for it. After school I've floated around 160-165 for the past 3 years (except when I broke my shoulder and fell in love w/ beer :) ).

The old man is around the same size as you manimal. He's in his 50's and I got him into riding around 2001. He doesn't get to ride as much as he wants to w/ his job, but he digs it and its helped him loose a fair bit of weight over the years. It seems the hardest part he has is getting to his target and then reverting back to old habbits (he works in the restaurant buisness so poor temtations are always there). But when he stays w/ his strategy, he's a pretty healthy old dude.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
way to go man keep it up. It's a great boost to your ego when you really start taking the weight off. I remember last fall after I had lost my first 30lbs, at the club I noticed girls actually checking me out. The one thing that isn't so great is the cost to completely replace your wardrobe.

I've lost 50lbs since last year. 180 from 230.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
BigMike said:
I think you should loose like 300 more pounds, and then go on the commercials with "results not typical" under you :D

hehe..." i lost 30lbs in one day by using this simple -leg amputation- product.....gauranteed to drop 30lbs or your money back!"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
:stupid: for once...

Your body will eat up all your muscle tissue.

Anyway, good job, manimal...how are you dealing with donut breaks? :D
I did it for about 6 months 3 years ago, and I was in killer shape, but it may not work for everybody.

I save my back hair and use it as stuffing for throw pillows that I give as gifts.

Good job cop!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Damn, that is alot of weight to lose so quickly... I would be careful dropping it so quickly.

Good job though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tenchiro said:
Damn, that is alot of weight to lose so quickly... I would be careful dropping it so quickly.

Good job though.
That is what I was thinking. Maybe a little dehydration?

But if Manimal is active and has a good fitness base and just always overate he should be able to shed pounds fast.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ThePriceSeliger said:
Awesome man, I came to football pre-season at about 210, and now I'm about 190 give or take a few. Feels good! I lost all that weight it about 4 1/2 days.
ok. you lost 20 pounds in 4.5 days.

was this some sort of freshman football camp enema hazing ritual?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Crazy Sweeper said:
The one thing that isn't so great is the cost to completely replace your wardrobe.
yeah I'm going through that now...sucks but I getting the results I want so I can't really complain but I hate shopping....D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Tenchiro said:

Good job though.
not really. my exercise/workout routine is the same. 5 days a week. 40-60 min heavy lifting, 20-30min run. the only difference now is that i'm not eating:

-double cheeseburger
-whatever wife fixed for dinner
-10 microwave chicken nuggets
-3 bowls cereal
-grilled stuffed burrito (taco bell)
-3 cookies from subway

once i cut out all that crap and replaced it with something my body can use it just happens.
it's kind of weird for me with any kind of routine because i rotate shifts every 3 weeks. i have my 3rd shift plan down and now i have to figure out how i'm going to eat on 2nd this week.
3rd was easy.
dinner @ 6pm-ish, something healthy like grilled chicken with veggies....
-go to work at 8pm-
2 plums or a pear around 9pm
snackwell cookies around midnight
healthy choice type of meal around 130am
more fruit or can of veggies around 4
workout from 5am to end of shift at 630
go home, take kids to school
my signature bowl of cereal w/ cottage cheese mixed in
go to bed.

i've actually had a hard time eating enough to keep up with my points, especially after points are added in for excercise.

i'm just wondering how i'll be on 2nd shift from 3pm - 130am. my food needs and cravings will be different.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
dh girlie said:
Anyway, good job, manimal...how are you dealing with donut breaks? :D

ding ding ding! somehow i figured that you'd chime in with that first :D

actually, i haven't had a doughnut in over 6 months. i love to eat them but i always feel like ARSE (used that word just for you :love: ) afterwards. plus they always try to come back up when i'm running :blah:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I thought this thread was gonna be a re-hash of your vasectomy Manimal. That thread still gives me the creeps. Good on ya anyway mate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
manimal said:
not really. my exercise/workout routine is the same. 5 days a week. 40-60 min heavy lifting, 20-30min run. the only difference now is that i'm not eating:

-double cheeseburger
-whatever wife fixed for dinner
-10 microwave chicken nuggets
-3 bowls cereal
-grilled stuffed burrito (taco bell)
-3 cookies from subway

once i cut out all that crap and replaced it with something my body can use it just happens.
it's kind of weird for me with any kind of routine because i rotate shifts every 3 weeks. i have my 3rd shift plan down and now i have to figure out how i'm going to eat on 2nd this week.
3rd was easy.
dinner @ 6pm-ish, something healthy like grilled chicken with veggies....
-go to work at 8pm-
2 plums or a pear around 9pm
snackwell cookies around midnight
healthy choice type of meal around 130am
more fruit or can of veggies around 4
workout from 5am to end of shift at 630
go home, take kids to school
my signature bowl of cereal w/ cottage cheese mixed in
go to bed.

i've actually had a hard time eating enough to keep up with my points, especially after points are added in for excercise.

i'm just wondering how i'll be on 2nd shift from 3pm - 130am. my food needs and cravings will be different.
Sounds like your doing it right. Up your cardio a bit if you have the time and you'll really be burning it off.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
manimal said:
ding ding ding! somehow i figured that you'd chime in with that first :D

actually, i haven't had a doughnut in over 6 months. i love to eat them but i always feel like ARSE (used that word just for you :love: ) afterwards. plus they always try to come back up when i'm running :blah:
I had one last week...I'm a sucker for the white cake ones with the white frosting and pretty colored sprinkles...those are soooo good.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
*Cake* donuts? :think:

Yuck.
And keep your RRICA to yourself. :eviltongu

Yeah, cake...I guess that'd be what you call em...same kinda donut base as a powdered donut but no powder...white frosting instead and lovely colored sprinkles...not airy like a glazed donut...

Goddamnit, you internet short girl shorts wearing nerd, you know I don't know all your gay little acronyms...wtf is RRICA?

Oh and PS...what is wrong with a 'cake' donut? what kinda donuts do you eat? whole grain with frosting made of fruit juice?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Nice job Manimal!

My GF works for WW so I am familiar with the program. I have noticed that many people drop pounds really quickly in the first few weeks then seem to go down to a healthier weight loss rate. one of the really good things about WW is that they stress eating healthier, portion control and excercise. And you don't have to buy their food, unlike others such as jenny craig. You learn to work with real food so that once you hit your goal and possibly go off the program you will have the knowledge and tools to keep the weight off for life.

Keep posting your progress. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
<snip>

Goddamnit, you internet short girl shorts wearing nerd, you know I don't know all your gay little acronyms...wtf is RRICA?

Oh and PS...what is wrong with a 'cake' donut? what kinda donuts do you eat? whole grain with frosting made of fruit juice?
No. I like rum raisin donuts, myself. :rolleyes: