Quantcast

im like a nascar driver

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I wonder what would happen if someone forwarded this thread to the DMV. I wonder if they would rethink that ticket and maybe make it a suspension. Save your racing for the track kid.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
I wonder what would happen if someone forwarded this thread to the DMV. I wonder if they would rethink that ticket and maybe make it a suspension. Save your racing for the track kid.
my guess is that he wouldn't be able to stay on the track for very long.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i would like to find track time, i just dont know any tracks in the ny, nj, pa area with a road course. i would love to drive fast on the track, and keep it off the streets. only track i know of is watkins glen, but i cant find any places that show and "open track" day or anything like that.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
i would like to find track time, i just dont know any tracks in the ny, nj, pa area with a road course. i would love to drive fast on the track, and keep it off the streets. only track i know of is watkins glen, but i cant find any places that show and "open track" day or anything like that.
There is no "open track" time. Also be ready to make some major modifications to your car before being allowed on a track. i think most tracks you at least have to have a roll cage.

You could look into auto cross races. Tracks marked with cones setup in large parking lots.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
There is no "open track" time. Also be ready to make some major modifications to your car before being allowed on a track. i think most tracks you at least have to have a roll cage.

You could look into auto cross races. Tracks marked with cones setup in large parking lots.
Seriously, forget about the track, check out autocross first.
http://www.scca.com/hub.aspx?hub=3
http://www.motorsportsne.com/

Learning to drive your car well "slow" is essential to driving it fast and harder than you think.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
BAHAHA...

It seems this is just like my thread, only I didn't get a ticket. It's funny because everyone said I was "almost as bad as pinkshirt".

EDIT: After reading this...take my advice, don't argue with everyone on this...you wont win. I learned the hard way, I'm STILL in the red from my car accident post.

oh...and I thought I was a drifter, not a nascar driver.
hah.

My car...which almost hit a pole.

My bumper...

My friends truck...who rear ended me.

The end of it all, goodbye Taurus!

Lady Gravity

Chimp
Jul 1, 2004
Mtnbike Mecca
wow, harsh crowd.
so...let me guess, the rest of you have never done anything stupid eh?
since the op is likely going to be paying for this for a while through higher insurance, it's pretty likely he's learned his lesson.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california

I drove my almost stock 95 Jetta VR on a track without mods. If I still have my 924S when the first 944spec race rolls around out there in the spring, I'll be there as well.

In any case, his VW will make an awful track car. He'd probably just understeer into a wall.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
wow, harsh crowd.
since the op is likely going to be paying for this for a while through higher insurance, it's pretty likely he's learned his lesson.
You're new here, so it's okay. You've not seen the massive pile of Stupid that he is. None of us are saying that we've never done stupid things. The difference is we don't do stupid things and then go bragging about them like it's deserving of some badge of honor. Sure he knows he'll be paying for this one for a while, chances are however he's leaned nothing more than to tell his friend to get there as fast as possible next time. I seriously doubt he'll heed any advice that's given to him here (Why break the pattern now?) and he'll just continue on with more stupidity and bragging.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Well this makes sense now at least. You're from Jersey; that explains the lack of driving skill.

Seriously though, don't blame the accident on driving a manual. That has 0% to do with the accident, unless you were looking down at the stick to try and figure out the numbers when you wrecked. You blew the turn. Period. My guess is because you came in way to hot, dumped off all the power and layed into the brakes mid turn. Classic lousy driving plenty of people have done that. Many more will. But still has nothing to do with shifting, clutch, manual trans, etc. and everything to do with your driving ability.

Please take a driving course. And never drive north of NYC, I don't want to risk coming across you on a road I might be on.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
wow, harsh crowd.
I was all sorts of stupid when I was younger, but I didn't go around boasting about it. If someone wants to show off their level of stupid to the world, then that level has increased IMO.

And as others have pointed out, this is NOT the first time he has done so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was all sorts of stupid when I was younger, but I didn't go around boasting about it. If someone wants to show off their level of stupid to the world, then that level has increased IMO.

hmmm ironically the 2007 Darwin Awards just came out...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

So no one else thought the original post was a little toungue and cheek?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Years ago I knew these kids who got busted for calling in a fake bomb threat to a local mall. The mall was shut down and evacuated for a day. It was a big item on the news. Some of these kids did time in a federal prison. Any guesses on how they got caught?

They bragged about it and one of their friends turned them into Crime Stoppers for $200.

You see our boy blunder here is proud of being an idiot. He does not take advise well and seems to have an inability to learn. He will either grow up (eventually) and get a clue or end up on the news and in a whole lot of real trouble. Until then he will probably continue to give us more material to work with. I take pride in being a smart-ass, and Goat Boy gives me ample practice time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So no one else thought the original post was a little toungue and cheek?
I was operating under the assumption that pinkshirt isn't capable of using complicated writing devices such as sarcasm or irony.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I think we need a competition between muddy beast, PSP and determine who is the worst driver. The winner(in this case the worst driver) gets this as a custom title: Hell On Wheels(Literally).

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I think we need a competition between muddy beast, PSP and determine who is the worst driver. The winner(in this case the worst driver) gets this as a custom title: Hell On Wheels.
I like that idea...because its a cool name.

2 days prior to my accident I blew the coolant hose on my car from driving to fast. And as a result drove a half a mile down the freeway (in the process of slowing down, heading to an exit) with a lane behind me that looked like a huge cloud it was so white from the water coming out of my car.

Do I get the custom title now?

DISCLAIMER: I don't have any dangerous stories since I got in the accident...I learned my lesson. In fact, when I drive home from work I sometimes have to pull off the road because my neck hurts so much from the whip lash. :disgust:

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I say give it to PSP because he was doing a similar thing on a public road, where it was completely his fault. Muddybeat was in a parking lot (slightly safer) and was hit by his friend.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I say give it to PSP because he was doing a similar thing on a public road, where it was completely his fault. Muddybeat was in a parking lot (slightly safer) and was hit by his friend.
Dang...got me there. Plus, I could actually see the road in front of me, and I was at a stop for 5-ish seconds prior to taking the corner. It would have been a cool name, but I guess it's a good thing I'm a lesser (using the term lightly) threat to society.