Quantcast

Im moving to Phoenix

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Well Tempe actually, but Phoenix is just about the same thing. Ive decided to do something with my life so I'm going to be moving to Tempe to drink, ride, and 4 wheel. I'll be down there by mid August, so if any of you guys live down there then chime in. Last time i was down there I met stinkyboy who was too puss to ride holbert :rofl:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Curb Hucker said:
Well Tempe actually, but Phoenix is just about the same thing. Ive decided to do something with my life so I'm going to be moving to Tempe to drink, ride, and 4 wheel. I'll be down there by mid August, so if any of you guys live down there then chime in. Last time i was down there I met stinkyboy who was too puss to ride holbert :rofl:
Here we go... Dude, I had my XC gear and my lame ass buddy was running a hardtail with freaking Hookworms. Lemme know what's up, and we'll hit it. I dunno if you hit the pit over there, but we'll hit some of that too. Welcome biatch!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
stinkyboy said:
Here we go... Dude, I had my XC gear and my lame ass buddy was running a hardtail with freaking Hookworms. Lemme know what's up, and we'll hit it. I dunno if you hit the pit over there, but we'll hit some of that too. Welcome biatch!
im just giving you sh1t:cool:

I cant wait to leave the hellhole of bad weather, flatness, fat women, and no riding or wheeling that is illinois

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Zark said:
Good stuff Don, hope you like the heat ;)
Im from chicago, and when its 100* here in the summer its way worse than 115+ in AZ. The humid heat in chicago licks balls. The only thing im worried about is fixing the AC system on my leaky piece of rusty sh1t.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
****, we should set up a Monkey-Meet (Monkey-Meat, what?) when you get down here. I don't do a lot of downhilling on my hardtail :banghead: but if you're up for just cruising, let's roll.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Tempe's a perfect town for young drunk. Many, many, many hotties. The summers take a bit of getting used to, and if you're landscaping in it, you're in for a treat.

You're prolly a faster downhiller than me, but we'll see who can soak up the liquor like a pro...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
macko said:
****, we should set up a Monkey-Meet (Monkey-Meat, what?) when you get down here. I don't do a lot of downhilling on my hardtail but if you're up for just cruising, let's roll.
Do you go to ASU?

Ive met alot of the locals from my vacations down there, so I do know quite a bit of people to go ride with.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
stinkyboy said:
The summers take a bit of getting used to, and if you're landscaping in it, you're in for a treat.

hahah oh hell no, im not doing that crap in Arizona. That landscaping company is being started here as a partnership with a friend. All of our customers are going to sign 2-year deals then we're gonna sell off the company for mad bucks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
right on Don. I think you'll like PHX. :thumb:
I know you've ridden at SoMo, but there is so much more that you're going to love.

ot: Did you get your new bike(s) yet?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
jacksonpt said:
perhaps I've seen it on the monkey before, but what do you wheel?
The picture below is how it was about a month ago. Since then its gotten a new exhaust thats un-smashable on the trail, and ive got a brand new Safari Gard front winch bumper and skid plate sitting in my garage but ive got mono and cant put it on for a few days. So far here is the spec of the thing:

2000 Disco2 w/ 4.0v8
Magnaflow muffler w/ custom pipe setup
Custom homemade intake
Rear HD homemade custom steel bumper
Front HD Safari Gard Winch Bumper (not pictured)
Center Diff Locker
3" Rovertym Coil lift w/ Old Man Emu Shocks and Steering Damper
33.6x10.5" BFG MTs
ProComp RockCrawler Steel Wheels
Custom Driveshafts
Optima Bluetops
2500watt PolkMOMO sound system
and Im sure i forgot a few things

Its a damn capable rig how it is now, and I just cant wait til summer. Its getting a custom 5" lift with Fox remote resi shocks, all new coils, new radius arms front and rear, reworked panhard and watts links, and all of the other suspension goodies that go along with a full suspension re-work. If the money is right, im thinking of doing a set of coilovers up front, with standard coils in back to hold the weight better.

Its also getting a set of FZJ80 axle housings swapped under that will be filled with all longfield shafts and CVs. e-Lockers and 4.65s. 35x12.5" BFG MTs and some TR beadlocks. DBA rotors and new braking system.

Im also slowly but surely removing all un-necessary electronic BS in the truck. all un -needed wires will be gone by august.