Quantcast

"I'm not supposed to use my deleted items folder..."

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That is wrong, I hope the client is smart enough to catch them and call them on it.
They're not.

Which is why I consider it part of my company's job to do the right thing since we're supposed to be the experts. It's my client's job to listen to me on these matters... which is why my co-workers did this while I was on leave.

:rant: fockers! :rant:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
This one isn't dumb as much as just wrong...

A client has a three color logo -- blue, green and black -- where the black is used in part of the green for shading. It's subtle, but it's there and intentional. Well, my shop didn't want to have the expense and trouble of running the black each time a business card or whatever came through, so they removed the shading and ran a darker green ink.

I'm so fockin' pissed and they did it while I was on leave. Told the new guy to edit the logo cuz they knew I wouldn't do it.
WA...WA...WHAT??? Your company intentionally altered a client's logo? That's f'ed up.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
*Phone rings*

Me: Hello, this is Greg.
Dumbass: Is my project done yet?
M: I don't have a request from you...
DA: I sent you an e-mail 4 hours ago!!!
M: No...you didn't. And I can't accept e-mailed projects, it has to go through our work request system.
DA: I sent you a freakin' e-mail 4 hours ago...and you're telling me you never got it?!!?!?!
M: Correct. The last email I received was 5 and a half hours ago. That one wasn't from you either.
DA: Fine...I'm going to send it again...right now.
M: I can not accept e-mailed projects...it has to be submitted through the work request system...
DA: Well...I don't have time to learn how to do that. So...hmmm...it says that the email was "Undeliverable"...Did you get it??
M: No. Did you get a similar reply 4 hours ago?
DA: Yeah...but I thought that was just an auto reply that you got the e-mail...
M: No. It means that the address you're sending to does not exist.
(At this point my boss walks in and I put the conversation on speaker)
DA: So, YOU don't exist??!!?
M: No. The address is typed wrong.
DA: Then how do you spell your name??!!?
M: In order for me to complete your project, I'm going to need a work request filled out...
DA: Fine, I'll get my assistant to f*cking do this sh*t!!!
M: Would you mind giving me the details of the project so I know what I'm looking at time-wise?
DA: Yeah, we're leaving in 30 minutes and we need 35 copies of this presentation printed and bound. It's 75 pages.
M: That's not physically possible. It will take an hour just to print from when I get the file.
DA: I thought we had some fast sh*t down there??!! What kind of bullsh*t is this? I can't get my presentation done because you're too f*cking slow?
M: *click* (Boss hits disconnect button)

He's been in a meeting with DA and DA's boss for the past hour...I'm sure someone is not going to be happy when it's over...and I'm betting that person is NOT going to be my boss...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
*Phone rings*

Me: Hello, this is Greg.
Dumbass: Is my project done yet?
M: I don't have a request from you...
DA: I sent you an e-mail 4 hours ago!!!
M: No...you didn't. And I can't accept e-mailed projects, it has to go through our work request system.
DA: I sent you a freakin' e-mail 4 hours ago...and you're telling me you never got it?!!?!?!
M: Correct. The last email I received was 5 and a half hours ago. That one wasn't from you either.
DA: Fine...I'm going to send it again...right now.
M: I can not accept e-mailed projects...it has to be submitted through the work request system...
DA: Well...I don't have time to learn how to do that. So...hmmm...it says that the email was "Undeliverable"...Did you get it??
M: No. Did you get a similar reply 4 hours ago?
DA: Yeah...but I thought that was just an auto reply that you got the e-mail...
M: No. It means that the address you're sending to does not exist.
(At this point my boss walks in and I put the conversation on speaker)
DA: So, YOU don't exist??!!?
M: No. The address is typed wrong.
DA: Then how do you spell your name??!!?
M: In order for me to complete your project, I'm going to need a work request filled out...
DA: Fine, I'll get my assistant to f*cking do this sh*t!!!
M: Would you mind giving me the details of the project so I know what I'm looking at time-wise?
DA: Yeah, we're leaving in 30 minutes and we need 35 copies of this presentation printed and bound. It's 75 pages.
M: That's not physically possible. It will take an hour just to print from when I get the file.
DA: I thought we had some fast sh*t down there??!! What kind of bullsh*t is this? I can't get my presentation done because you're too f*cking slow?
M: *click* (Boss hits disconnect button)

He's been in a meeting with DA and DA's boss for the past hour...I'm sure someone is not going to be happy when it's over...and I'm betting that person is NOT going to be my boss...
Classic.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Dude's boss just sent a very apologetic e-mail to my boss and I.

I walked around a corner in our office still in my commute gear and the guy that reamed me yesterday was coming down the hall. As soon as he saw me, he stopped on a dime and did a 180 and scurried back to his office. I guess me being a foot taller made him a bit nervous...