Quantcast

I'm not working Wednesday. (&#&$

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've discovered that Ghirardell 85% cacao has a negligible amount of sugar in it and it's real sugar. Yeah for dessert. I also totally forgot that cacao keeps my ass wide awake if I have it too late. So... My ass is wide awake right now.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Drinking and talking with Karla while watching mst3k. Got a kid, cat and two dogs on the couch with us. I should go to sleep.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

FTS Friderp. :banana:

Flooring guys claim they will be done today. If they are, I will be mightily impressed. Wifes school got canceled for the rest of the week. She had 11 out of 25 students and two of those dropped halfway through the day. 168 students of 500 out. Couple confirmed flu cases, couple of strep, and at least one case of chicken pox. But they are still making the teachers come in. :think:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

FTS Friderp. :banana:

Flooring guys claim they will be done today. If they are, I will be mightily impressed. Wifes school got canceled for the rest of the week. She had 11 out of 25 students and two of those dropped halfway through the day. 168 students of 500 out. Couple confirmed flu cases, couple of strep, and at least one case of chicken pox. But they are still making the teachers come in. :think:
these kids need more dirt in their lives...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My day is not starting off well!! First off, my Harbucks Americano wasn't hot because they were having problems with their hot water line, so I had to wait for them to make me a new one. **SIGH** Then some ass rammer in an SUV cut me off and I had to slam on my brakes, which sent my half eaten pb&j breakfast sandwich flying onto the dirty floor of my car. GOD DAMMIT. At least my coffee didn't spill.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
day 3 home with sick daughter. got her to the dr yesterday, she seems to be on the mend now. hopefully this will be her last day home. fever was only 100 when she woke up today. yesterday she woke up at 102.5

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today should be interesting. While I was out sick, the plan I pitched that was turned down has been reconsidered. My coworker in CO is worthless, shocking, I know. But I might actually get to be productive this week, maybe.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Today is the first day I can book a reservation for a campsite on the White Rim for 4/19/2019 (i.e. dates are released for reservation 4 months ahead of time). I just checked, and 80% of the campsites along White Rim are already booked for that day... holy crap. Might not be riding White Rim for my birthday... we'll see.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today is the first day I can book a reservation for a campsite on the White Rim for 4/19/2019 (i.e. dates are released for reservation 4 months ahead of time). I just checked, and 80% of the campsites along White Rim are already booked for that day... holy crap. Might not be riding White Rim for my birthday... we'll see.
i'm guessing a lot of those folks want to be there in preparation for the following days, uh, "festivities"

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Pig My Fish.

We finished up our install about 9 last night after a full day of work, then headed on over to the worst Applebee's on planet earth for a little grub afterwards. It was an immediate regret as we rolled down the highway for an hour back home - just three dudes....pootin' up a storm in a truck with the heat on....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i'm guessing a lot of those folks want to be there in preparation for the following days, uh, "festivities"
Maybe. But also arguably late April is the best time to ride (or Jeep) the White RIm. And also of note, 4/21 is Easter, which is also Jeep Safari in Moab. So... lots of factors I'm sure. I did sort out that there is a site available that would be good for night 1 of a 2-nighter if we rode it CCW instead of the originally planned CW. And for this ride, I don't think it really matters which direction it's ridden...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did a few km on the fatbike last night with the new hub. The hub worked wonders. But damn, I didn't check the tire pressure and rode with near flat tires the entire time. Such torture. The lady friend crushed my soul with speed.

I even managed to rim strike both wheels on the rox picture below (because if you see rox how can you NOT ride over the rox) and somehow not get a flat....hmmmm.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Maybe. But also arguably late April is the best time to ride (or Jeep) the White RIm. And also of note, 4/21 is Easter, which is also Jeep Safari in Moab. So... lots of factors I'm sure. I did sort out that there is a site available that would be good for night 1 of a 2-nighter if we rode it CCW instead of the originally planned CW. And for this ride, I don't think it really matters which direction it's ridden...
You aiming for the fully hundy in a couple of days?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Deck contact is signed. ~$33k for the deck with lighting, but no pergola. 665sqft with stairs. It is a redesign (see bottom for old), but for a negligible price difference we pick up 100sqft of usable space.

m stone 2 3D1.jpg
m stone 2 3D2.jpg

For @eric strt6 and @dan-o :
Cedar 6x6 supports on new caisons
#1 Southern Yellow Pine KDAT (treated) ledgers, joists, support posts, stairs
6x10 Alaskan Yellow Cedar (AYC) laminated support beams (4 main spans)
All Sampson hardware
TimberTech Terrain or Fibron Pro-Tect (still TBD)
4x4 wood railing support posts with composite post sleeves and skirts
2x4 capped composite horizontal rails
1x6 capped composite railing top cap
Fortress baulsters

m stone 1 3D2.jpg

Edit: I know far too much about deck building, deck building materials, and CO/Douglas County building codes now. I do feel that helped me make a very solid decision and helped eliminate a few bids that sounded good until I got into the details of the materials being used (beams - thanks Eric), types of treatment on joosts, and structurally, how they were supporting the large spans.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Deck contact is signed. ~$33k for the deck with lighting, but no pergola. 665sqft with stairs. It is a redesign (see bottom for old), but for a negligible price difference we pick up 100sqft of usable space.

View attachment 131981 View attachment 131982
For @eric strt6 and @dan-o :
Cedar 6x6 supports on new caisons
#1 Southern Yellow Pine KDAT (treated) ledgers, joists, support posts, stairs
6x10 Alaskan Yellow Cedar (AYC) laminated support beams (4 main spans)
All Sampson hardware
TimberTech Terrain or Fibron Pro-Tect (still TBD)
4x4 wood railing support posts with composite post sleeves and skirts
2x4 capped composite horizontal rails
1x6 capped composite railing top cap
Fortress baulsters

View attachment 131983
///Deck

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So does the ///M stay or go?
Not determined. According to Wifey, go. According to me, stay. I know the whole sunken cost fallacy, but at this point, I could daily drive the damn thing with the only risk being the rod bearings. I'm good for another 50k with no issues (struts), then out to 200k.