Quantcast

I'm numb

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Argh... Luckily no cavaties or fillings for me. But, Wisdom teeth are a bit past due... So I got that goin for me. The dentist isnt that bad... I dont understand why they try and keep conversation while your mouth is spread open. Its not like you can actually produce understandable words, when they are sticking mirrors and scraper things all in your grill.

splat

Nam I am
Fillings are easy !

I had the start of my Implat on #19 Yesterday , See GMT for more details but here is the tooth they Pulled , the 2 pieces of the gold crown abd the roots , that Black/red spot in the middle of of the root on the right is where the infection was.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ever have a crown lengthening done?
talk about a fun way to spend $800

The dude gave me 12-15 shots of novacain and about 1/2 way thru he looks at me & asked you alright? I said it hurts, so another 6 or so shots more!!!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
douglas said:
ever have a crown lengthening done?
talk about a fun way to spend $800

The dude gave me 12-15 shots of novacain and about 1/2 way thru he looks at me & asked you alright? I said it hurts, so another 6 or so shots more!!!
Dude! Have em knock you out. 18+ shots in the mouth!

I hate the dentist. I hate them all! Of course I have ever only had 5 cavities in my life. Four of them were in my baby teeth that eventually fell out. Currently I have one little filling in one tooth. Wisdom teeth came in straight and not impacted. I did break a tooth once and had that fixed. I hate the dentist and so I brush my teeth a lot. Just thought I would put that out there to annoy all of you with bad teeth. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have a never-ending dental saga. I have to repost this from a post I made the other day:

H8R said:
Hmm.

In a totally related story:

I was at the dentist last month getting a tooth prepped for a crown.

This was for a tooth that was damaged when I was a kid. I was riding my bike to the store to get my mom a Mother's day card, and some welfare bitch hit me with her station wagon. All I got was a chipped tooth though, no broken bones.

Anyway, I was at the dentist, and he was boring out the old tooth to install a new post, and the drill bit got stuck. Like, totally stuck. The air powered drill could not back it out. He had to attach a special bit handle to twist the bit out.

It *kinda hurt.

*(kinda meaning HELLA F*CKIN!)

splat

Nam I am
H8R said:
I have a never-ending dental saga. I have to repost this from a post I made the other day:
yeah I saw your post about that the other day. always lots of fun when things don't go like they are suppose to.

I must say when having an implant done some strange things go on. this is my 2nd , I had my first one done on #9 ( top front ) about 6 years ago , really sounds weird when the dentist ask the nurse for a screwdriver !

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
splat said:
yeah I saw your post about that the other day. always lots of fun when things don't go like they are suppose to.

I must say when having an implant done some strange things go on. this is my 2nd , I had my first one done on #9 ( top front ) about 6 years ago , really sounds weird when the dentist ask the nurse for a screwdriver !
I probably have to go the partial denture route. My insurance would never cover implants, and too much time has passed get them anyways.

When all is said and done by next year it will be:

10 total extractions, including wisdom teeth, 2 of which I was put under for.

3 crowns.

6 teeth artificially replaced.

Ouch.

splat

Nam I am
H8R said:
I probably have to go the partial denture route. My insurance would never cover implants, and too much time has passed get them anyways.

When all is said and done by next year it will be:

10 total extractions, including wisdom teeth, 2 of which I was put under for.

3 crowns.

6 teeth artificially replaced.

Ouch.
WOW , you go me beat !
5 extractions , 5 crowns and 1 Implant , 1 Implant in Progress

and My insurance doesn't cover implants either :dead: I'm paying for it all out of Pocket $ 5000 each!

splat

Nam I am
So I decided to resurect this thread instead of starting a new one.

today was phase 2 , actually putting the implant in. after Letting the bone heal from the bone graft , , next they Cut the gums open and then drilled a pilot hole, of 4.5 MM
then he putthe implant ( which is 5 MM ) on the end of the drill and power drilled it in. he could only get it half way in like that , because of my Bone density being very high ( that is a good thing ). so next I hear click, click click , and he says yes I'm using a ratchet , he was wratrecting it line a Bolt . felt really strange, Now this has to heal for 4-6 months before they can put the permenant tooth on it.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
splat said:
So I decided to resurect this thread instead of starting a new one.

today was phase 2 , actually putting the implant in. after Letting the bone heal from the bone graft , , next they Cut the gums open and then drilled a pilot hole, of 4.5 MM
then he putthe implant ( which is 5 MM ) on the end of the drill and power drilled it in. he could only get it half way in like that , because of my Bone density being very high ( that is a good thing ). so next I hear click, click click , and he says yes I'm using a ratchet , he was wratrecting it line a Bolt . felt really strange, Now this has to heal for 4-6 months before they can put the permenant tooth on it.

Dude....no.