Quantcast

I'm off to the Great American Beer Festival!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
SkaredShtles said:
How ya feelin' this a.m. F.T.?
"Lookiing good, Louis!"

"FEELING good, Billy Ray!"

Aw yeah, GABF was ANYTHING but evil! I went a little late, due to a work obligation, arrived at about 8 or so. With "last call" at 9:45 or so, I had my work cut out for me! And when I say work, I really mean it! My design firm is currently redesigning all of the packaging for a local craft brewer, so my trip to the GABF was "field research"! :D I stuck mainly to stouts and porters, tried a couple of barleywines, and several pale ales. Love them hops, I tell ya! Standouts and favorites include (in no particular order):

1. Bull and Bush Man Man Double IPA (the pitcher they were serving from had 3 bags FILLED with fresh hops in it!)
2. Newport Beach Brewing Co. Tenessee Whiskey Stout (aged in barrels aquired from Jack Daniels!)
3. Rogue Old Crustacean Barleywine (this one literally kicked me in the face)
4. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA (To the hip, hop, hoppity hip hop, and ya don't stop)
5. NBBC also had a brew called Santa's L'il Helper that was really tasty as well. Not a stout, pale or porter, but a spicy brown with lots of ginger, cinnamon and a nice crisp finish. :thumb: :thumb:

All in all, I give the GABF the "jock nod" of approval... super fun time, LOADS of good beer (and bad, but we ain't getting into that) and good times. Can't wait til next year!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
OMG... I know what we have to do...

We have to convince the Great American Beer fest organizers that they need to move the beer fest to Vegas, and conveniently have it next door to INTERBIKE!!

How sweet would that be?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
pixelninja said:
Did you get a chance to check out the Supersuckers? Those guys rawk...
I think they'll be at GABF tonight, and they're not playing, only pouring. Which is also cool, eh? I'm gonna head to Ft.C on Sunday night for the big show...

And SS... YES! A *DOUBLE* IPA. It's double gnar gnar, but über tasty. Great Divide also has a double IPA called Hercules, available only in bombers, and ti rocks asswell.

mmmmmmmmm... Beer!

-BB-, I kinda like the GABF being a short cab-ride from my house, to be honest. Of course, moving it to Vegas the same week as Interbike WOULD give me double the reason to go to Sin City... :think: