Quantcast

I'm OK........just kinda battered and bruised

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, its now over 24 hours after the RT claimed my 3rd huge crash at the shed. I'm hurtin pretty bad. My neck hurts, ribs hurt, right leg hurts, forhead, head, a$$, I could keep going. I'm sooooo sore. But the pictures came out alright, I'll have to post them tomorrow when I get a chance to upload em all :)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Damn YO! Take'r easy man! I seent that picture of you jumpin' off tree's in the DH forum, STUNTA!

seriously though, man get better soon, you just got off injured click, I'm still on it!

here it is.... this is lookin like trouble

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
good to hear your doing alright and not too badly beaten. i'm a little sore (left knee and same damn right shoulder) myself after my "flying squirrel" first attempt. can't wait to see them pics!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It must be an optical illusion, but it appears as it there is a big upright stake buried in the tranny and poised to impale the rider!

Anyone land it cleanly? Was the drop off to the left at the log's lowpoint ever added? I ended up riding XC in the northern part of the 'shed and haven't been on the jump trail since blowing out my rear hydraulic...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, of the few people that hit it, I'm the only one that didnt clean it. Dan, Scott, Will and Brian did it. Sorry if I left anyone else out.....

Woke up this morning, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sore. My right leg cramps up everytime I bend it. Yeah, I came back a little to soon.....

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
Yeah, of the few people that hit it, I'm the only one that didnt clean it. Dan, Scott, Will and Brian did it. Sorry if I left anyone else out.....
damien also hit it before y'all showed up. that's also when i tried it 3 times. i'm not so sure i'd call my first 3 attempts clean...

1st attempt - going WAY too fast and feathered my brake on the launch and the bike slipped out under me forcing a flying squirrel impression down into the lander.
2nd attempt - didn't bother turning left enough and landed and went into the little tree to the right.
3rd attempt - told myself (out loud) to turn left and still managed to land and hit the little tree.

4 times is a charm... what can i say, at least i'm persistent? chest is bruised and sore today from the tree huggin. knee and shoulder is sore from the 8' fall.

steve and andrew are going to hit it next time, right dan? ;)

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
My sore story:
The the ladder drop didn't do me in, but I am a little sore after messing up the final jump in the big downhill set at 495 yesterday. I ditched the bike in the air, which resulted in my landing somewhat on my feet about 10 feet past the landing. I estimate about 20mph, over a distance of about 35 feet, from about 15 feet in the air. So my feet and ankles are sore today. I still ended up getting it clean about 10 times after that though.
-brian

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
damn, sounds like i missed all the fun/carnage... spent all weekend with a lil cold. felt better yesterday, tried to go hit vans and ended up dizzy and sick again after riding for 20 minutes.

i'm not down with the sickness. :dead:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Animal Mother said:
did any pics of the kicker turn out?
I know I saw at least a couple good ones when Andrew was snapping 'em. Mike should consider POSTING THEM>

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DßR said:
I know I saw at least a couple good ones when Andrew was snapping 'em. Mike should consider POSTING THEM>

Yeah, I guess I should :p

Sorry. Yes, some good ones came out, but i've been really busy this week. I gotta run up to Honda House to get a new helmet before they close so I can ride this weekend, then i'll post em :)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Where are these pictures? Andrew told me about them last week and I still haven't seen but one of Mike diving off a tree!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
that's awesome Mike, you are teh cool.

I still haven't gotten my pics developed yet b/c there's still like 10 pics left on that roll (36 exp.). I was gonna kill 'em all at the 9.5. on Sunday though, and can have **** up on like Monday.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Mike, jus' given ya sh*t you feeling better? I had my first day of rehab today, rehab girl is a hottie, I think she was gettin off on makin my leg hurt and watchin me twitch in agony.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Castle said:
Mike, jus' given ya sh*t you feeling better? I had my first day of rehab today, rehab girl is a hottie, I think she was gettin off on makin my leg hurt and watchin me twitch in agony.

Nice dude, TAP THAT!:D

yeah, I'm feelin pretty good. Goin up to Home Quary this weekend, but takin it fairly easy. one of my buds goin with me is just coming off a broken hand too, but he's a little behind me in the healing process.

My wrist still hurts, but the pain magically goes away while riding. My neck still kinda hurts, but i'll be OK. Got me a nice new Fox MX helmet for this weekend :cool: