Quantcast

I'm out on Saturday

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Leaving on a jet plane and all that. On the road tomorrow afternoon, but will probably be off-line after my morning Internet orgy. Won't have service at home for some time, if at all, and dunno how much of the Monkey I'll get away with at work, so...later! (Since PAWN is the only place I post much anymore.)

I know you'll miss me like VB misses, well, whatever it is that he misses. Be checking in once in a while; probably so often that I shouldn't have posed a "seeya" thread. But just in case.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i've only been scanning the lounge thread; burundi is it?
my only advice: get it all on film.

and i mean all of it.

take care, brother

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
I'm sure that your stories from that part of the globe are going to boost our work efficiency. Take care.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Schistosomiasis (also known as bilharzia, bilharziosis or snail fever) is a parasitic disease caused by several species of fluke of the genus Schistosoma. It is most commonly found in Asia, Africa, and South America, especially in areas with water that is contaminated with freshwater snails, which may carry the parasite. The disease affects many people in developing countries, particularly children who may acquire the disease by swimming or playing in infected water. Although it has a low mortality rate, schistosomiasis often is a chronic illness that can damage internal organs and, in children, impair growth and cognitive development. The urinary form of schistosomiasis is associated with increased risks for bladder cancer in adults. Schistosomiasis is the second-most socioeconomically devastating disease after malaria.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So the bikes are the trippiest part of this trip...

Everyone rides the same Chinese-made bike, but the amount of crap loaded on them can be staggering. Like 10m-high stacks of thatch and what must be 50kg of plantains. The best we've seen so far is the meat-cycle, where an old guy had like a half or a quarter cow strapped to the front. Alas, we've been unable to snap any pics. It's Deathrace 2000 every second on the road.

The mountains are INSANE here. Alas, likely no riding on them due to the security and social situation. And on the main roads outside the city, inasmuch as they exist, dudes are on bikes towing up on big trucks and bombing down the other side at ludicrous speed with what look to be the shadiest brakes known to humankind.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Schistosomiasis (also known as bilharzia, bilharziosis or snail fever) is a parasitic disease caused by several species of fluke of the genus Schistosoma. It is most commonly found in Asia, Africa, and South America, especially in areas with water that is contaminated with freshwater snails, which may carry the parasite. The disease affects many people in developing countries, particularly children who may acquire the disease by swimming or playing in infected water. Although it has a low mortality rate, schistosomiasis often is a chronic illness that can damage internal organs and, in children, impair growth and cognitive development. The urinary form of schistosomiasis is associated with increased risks for bladder cancer in adults. Schistosomiasis is the second-most socioeconomically devastating disease after malaria.
It burrows up your cock!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The weddings are fun there.

A GRENADE thrown into a wedding reception in Burundi in Africa has killed at least 10 people and injured 48.

A police spokesman said a half-brother of the groom had been detained in the Rutegama hill region of Gitega province.

"A man threw a grenade into the middle of the party celebrating a wedding,'' police spokesman Pierre-Chanel Ntarabaganyi said.

A politician from Gitega province said he believed 15 people were killed as some of the injured had died in hospital.

Such incidents are fairly frequent, he said, "due to the proliferation of illegal weapons acquired by civilians during the civil war'' that broke out in 1993 and left 300,000 dead.

More than 100,000 weapons are still held illegally in the tiny, central African country, according to the Small Arms Survey, a Geneva-based research project.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24235042-5005361,00.html

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's like one of a bunch of horrible things that happen out in the bush every night.

They robbed a businessman of what amounted to, in total, a single cell phone the other evening in the city...throwing a grenade and a expendinga few mags of AK47.

On the other hand, Les Claypool would be proud of the beer...

And we have a pretty cool pad.

Looks like Steph didn't get photos of the lake up online yet. It's pretty astounding.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Primus is decent light-ish beer. Local Amstel bock is better. I have a few cases of favorites I've brought along, too...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm likin that nicely trimmed tranny for roof drops; might be a bit far though

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
i'm likin that nicely trimmed tranny for roof drops; might be a bit far though
Yeah, it's a bit of a reach [around].

Tx 4 teh sigz.

Ed: Oh, and I just saw chicken-cycle. It was pretty cool. Like 30 dead birds hanging off the handlebars.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
How many servants have you got? Seems like you'd need at least 2, one bloke for the garden and another inside.
(BTW mate, there's no safe way to answer this question;))

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
How many servants have you got? Seems like you'd need at least 2, one bloke for the garden and another inside.
Your manservant-estimation capacity is copious as always.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Considering his employer I'm guessing they pay a corporate contract company a few hundred thousand a year to send over a few locals to maintain the place. Direct employment would be unsavory.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
another consideration: that tranny's girth does offer many options, but is lacking in length. see if you can tailor that without sacrificing the nicely shorn features. and just like tracers, the bushiness goes both ways