Quantcast

I'm planning a trip to Whistler, who wants to go?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
As already stated, I'm planning a trip to Whistler. This trip will be for next summer for a week long of euphoric A-line riding! I'll be departing in a few months for my final deployment in the Navy, as my enlistment is due to expire before my 25th bday next July. Once I leave my ship and get out of the Navy, I'll be headed back here to San Diego. I figured, since most of us downhillers are usually pressed for cash, now would be a good time to bring this up. So that interested parties, may have the time neccesary to save up for the trip. This trip will be a road trip, with about a full day's drive up to whistler, and well a full day's drive back. I am planning on doing this trip during my 25th bday, as a happy bday type of thing to myself.

Dude, this will be one hell of a trip, one that you'll probably never forget! It's freakin Whistler man, the "Mecca of Mountain biking"!! I figure that, if at least 3 or 4 of us went, we could significantly reduce cost's on gas and lodging, which means more money for partying at night!
Important details will be sorted out and thoroughly planned out over the next several months, as I would like to reserve the room(s), about 1-2 month's prior to our arrival. Alright all that's my piece, hit me up and let me know if your down or have opinion's or suggestion's.

TJ, I'm expecting you to come punk, I'm gonna show you how to ride a bike! :cool:

Peace,
~Patrick~ :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am so there man! I was planning a Whistler trip next summer already! The whole wedding thing has all my vacatin and funds sapped for this year but next year I'll have time and cash!

I was hoping to go and to one of the Gravity Camps ( I suck, I need help riding my bike) but I think I can be talked onto following you all down the trails and risking my neck. :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
My trip after I graduate this year is going to be a whislter trip.

Hm.....Maybe I could meet up with some of Brah-cal's finest

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Ciaran said:
I am so there man! I was planning a Whistler trip next summer already! The whole wedding thing has all my vacatin and funds sapped for this year but next year I'll have time and cash!

I was hoping to go and to one of the Gravity Camps ( I suck, I need help riding my bike) but I think I can be talked onto following you all down the trails and risking my neck. :D

Dude, if we can go up there when one of the gravity camps are happenin, I'd totally be down for that! I'm always up and ready to learn how to ride my bike better, especially since I'm still technically a rook! Plus it'll have been roughly six months since I rode my bike, when I get back from my deployment. We'll definately have to check that out!

So Mike is down, who else? Wes??

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I shall not be wasting $1200 to get taught how to ride my bicycle, I wanna head up there sometime but I dunno if it will happen. it could if someone gives me a good photo job

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
merrrrjig said:
I shall not be wasting $1200 to get taught how to ride my bicycle, I wanna head up there sometime but I dunno if it will happen. it could if someone gives me a good photo job
Of the people I have talked to, all of them said the gravity camp was worth the money. You may be Mr. Awsome Bike Rider, but I need all the help I can get.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ciaran said:
Of the people I have talked to, all of them said the gravity camp was worth the money. You may be Mr. Awsome Bike Rider, but I need all the help I can get.
I did it and think it was for sure worth it, again I wasn't paying for it, but if I was I would have gone the same route. Everything for the week is payed for besides 4 meals, and whatever else extra you want to buy. Getting to skip the liftline was realllly helpful too.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Not from what I hear, I heard theres a parking lot or something you can camp in. not like I havent done that before. If I were to roadtrip to whistler I would want to ride other places besides the park

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
i'm in 100%. i could care less about gravity camps but if that's when u guys wanna go so be it. i wanted to go sooo bad this summer but all my buds were injured or they flaked/didn't have enough cash.

btw, i don't know how many of you guys have ridden the bootleg canyon trails out by las vegas but that place is completely insane and well worth the drive. maybe we could set up a little trip to go out there for a weekend sometime, about 2 months from now is the best time to go cus it's nice and cool.

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I just wanted to stop in and brag to say that whistler is only a 3 hour drive from my house. Cruel, I know. You guys could crash here the night before you go up. It is the last stop before Canada, only abot 30 mins away. I am always ready to help out fellow bikers.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
smedford said:
I just wanted to stop in and brag to say that whistler is only a 3 hour drive from my house. Cruel, I know. You guys could crash here the night before you go up. It is the last stop before Canada, only abot 30 mins away. I am always ready to help out fellow bikers.

Dude your awesome, we might have to take you up on that offer!

But wow, it seems like we have a good amount of interested parties.

Let's see, so far it looks like about 5 people, plus my friend from work might go as well. That would be cool as hell to meet up with the norcal gang and train the rest of the way up there!