Quantcast

I'm pledging a fraternity

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ben, dude. I thought you were better than that! OK all is forgiven if you can get some hottie sorority chick to shuttle us up the mountain on a regular basis ;)

At least you aren't joining those lambda fuggers. Worst neighbors ever!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Westy said:
Fraternities are no better/worse than college sports teams with the exception that colleges are more likely to monitor and punish bad behavior in a fraternity where they are more likely to cover up problems on their sports teams.
i'm willing to bet frats have a higher graduation rate, and GPA. i'd like to see data on this...it'd be kinda interesting to compare.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
the Inbred said:
i'm willing to bet frats have a higher graduation rate, and GPA. i'd like to see data on this...it'd be kinda interesting to compare.
Alot of frats and sororities have minimum GPA's you have to maintain to keep an active membership in the house.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
okay i have a bunch of friends on the football team also and the b ball team but they get so much slack. One of my football budddies failed two classes straight up, with my own eyes I saw his test scores and homework, yet he is still eligable to play and got C's in the classes. Frats and Sor's have to keep a certain gpa to allow new members to live in the house, if it falls below that by up to .75% only two new members can move in. If its less than that then they are put on probabation. Trust me on this the football kids are 100% ctimes worse than frat guys, when you go to the baller parties they are practically rapping girls (have actually had one incident this year that got one of our clubs shut down) and all the kids want to fight you if your not on the team, sell drugs to them, are best bud's with them, or if you dont act like them. I love how our whole football team all drives sick new 300c's, navigators, ford pick ups, etc etc. One of the local car dealerships makes some very generous donations to the football team if you know what I mean.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Good grief...look at all the assumptions and stereotypes from the embittered masses! :rolleyes:

I had plenty of friends before I joined my fraternity.

The only way you could NOT have enjoyed being in my fraternity was if you were ultra super-square. I more than made my dues money back in alcohol, event tickets, vacations, punanny, room & board, bail bonds and outrageous good times.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we all know athletes get breaks. my cousin was the starting QB at a D1, Pac10 school this past year. whole family got to see the perks. but we also got to see how much he got **** on.

but...how many athletes graduate? at UT, 52% did. compared to all students, that's 20% less. seeing that, i'd rather my kid be a frat boy than an athlete.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
fra·ter·ni·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fr-tûrn-t)
n. pl. fra·ter·ni·ties
A body of people associated for a common purpose or interest, such as a guild.
A group of people joined by similar backgrounds, occupations, interests, or tastes: the fraternity of bird watchers.
A chiefly social organization of men students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.
Roman Catholic Church. A sodality.
The quality or condition of being brothers; brotherliness.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
so·ror·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-rôr-t, -rr-)
n. pl. so·ror·i·ties

A bunch of dumb, gold-digging bee-yotches.
I had friends in a sorority at San Jo State...their friends were a bunch of stuck up bitches. We took my best friend out for her 21st birthday and I've known her since I was five...and this stupid bitch was introducing herself to some other friends of my friend and she was all...I don't know who THESE PEOPLE are indicating me and my date. I was like what EVER Buffy! I'm LIKE...her BEST FRIEND since we were like...FIVE...GAWWWWD....while swirling my head with my hand on my hip...she didn't talk to me the rest of the night...:D

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I had friends in a sorority at San Jo State...their friends were a bunch of stuck up bitches. We took my best friend out for her 21st birthday and I've known her since I was five...and this stupid bitch was introducing herself to some other friends of my friend and she was all...I don't know who THESE PEOPLE are indicating me and my date. I was like what EVER Buffy! I'm LIKE...her BEST FRIEND since we were like...FIVE...GAWWWWD....while swirling my head with my hand on my hip...she didn't talk to me the rest of the night...:D
You are so core. :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
A frat?

COOL!!

Say hi to Louis, Gilbert, Booger, Lamar, Poindexter, Wormser and Toshiro for me.

I hope Ogre doen't kick your ass.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Here no one really cares about the frats and sororities except one sorority that being tri-delt. They seem to house the dumbest women I have seen.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Joining a frat is totally dependent on the person. If you are a weak-minded fool, then I can see letting a frat do thinking for you.

But a smart person would take advantage of the opportunites, avoid the group-mentality BS, and continue to be his own man.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
EVERYONE in this thread needs to check this site out RIGHT NOW.

What it takes to be a Frat Daddy...

be sure to check out ALL the links, the site is f-ing funny. Especially frat lingo and what is a fratdaddy.

Ive been in the same debate. Im coming up on college and my bro is a Fiji(Phi Gamma Delta). I thought it was a good idea at first but most of the stereotypes ARE TRUE regardless of what you say. Yeah you have guys to back you up but the whole reason your fighting or in a fight in the first place is because you yourself are a bitch ass fratboy. Frats are the reason America would be nothing if it wasnt for our economy. My brother hasnt read a book in like 2 years, He spends more time doing "activites" AKA wasting my parents money then actually studying. If you want a term paper you can go to the basement and pick from any kind you want to copy, they have a full archive down there. Its a crappy way to get through life. You get cool connections but all it is is skeeming ur way into a nice "secure" job that you havent really earned. Most of the guys who hang at my house from my bros frat are queers who gell mohawks in their hair, shave their arms and do other really weird stuff.

If you want to give up you entire identity to be a "Cool" guy then go right ahead but id SERIOUSLY reconsider the actual cost and complete waste you are going to be putting urself through. My brother had to carry a lighter and cigs around for a month lighting and giving them to older members who wanted to smoke. Have fun and be happy but remember to open ur eyes and see what the hell is going on.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It all depends on the school and the house.

If there are only a few greeks on your campus, in my experience most of them will be stuck up, confused clowns who deserve the stuck up, ditzy sororoties they party with almost exclusively.

But if your campus has a lot of greeks, then chances are good you'll find a cool house in the mix. And no matter what you'll build a network of people who are (if not actual friends) like-minded and will get you into parties, bars, etc.

My advice is just use your head and no matter what pressure is put on you, don't do anything stupid, life-threatening, etc. No fraternity is worth it, let 'em call you a puss for not doing those last five shots or whatever. Too many people die every year from stupid frat ****.

Take your chances out on the trails, not in some crappy basement bar.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
The MTBing community is the biggest Fraternity I have ever seen.

As put above in another post:
fra·ter·ni·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fr-tûrn-t)
n. pl. fra·ter·ni·ties
A body of people associated for a common purpose or interest, such as a guild.
A group of people joined by similar backgrounds, occupations, interests, or tastes:
A chiefly social organization of men students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.
The quality or condition of being brothers; brotherliness.

So all you bitter (I agree with LLkoolkeg) SOB's really need to assess your own life. If we really need to generalize about things I could talk aobut the ex-hippie, pot smoking, sell your clothes for a new fork, poor SOB that call them selves MTBr's. SUre there are other types of people but if you want to generalize MTBr's aren't much different than their Fraternal bretheren

Now go be prejudice elsewhere. ;)