Quantcast

I'm Quitting Drinking. Seriously.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A permanent hangover and getting more and more out of shape has gone too far.

Diet and exercise baby, diet and exercise for 2008.

:weee:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I wish I could quit drinking, but in the effort for more exercise this year, we bought an elliptical trainer yesterday.

Good luck SB, hope it happens.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I should disapprove, but won't. True to roots, bro, true to roots.

If you quit drinking, just take your ass to some Weight Watchers forum or something of the like. We don't want some sober stinkyboy here.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:disgust1:

I don't know why you all can't just practice moderation.

But since you have already made up your mind I wish you good luck. You can do it SB!

Now me, I am a fat drunkard, but I am resolving to get on my bike more in 2008! As well as drink moer beer in 08.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Good luck! I quit drinking in September (spending $200-300 a month) and lost a bunch of weight and and I'm better with my money. Nothing burns your money quicker than drunk online shopping

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got a deal at 24hr Fitness last year. 4 days a week for $12 a month. No contract and the gym is a block away from the office.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
OK, in a more serious note, for those that quit drinking, how much weight did you lose?; just in the lack of alcohol intake alone?
I was already riding a bunch while drinking, but after I stopped I lost 10 pounds in a fairly short period of time. I don't have much to lose though

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Good Luck

Quitting Drinking isn't as easy as just saying I'm going to stop. It takes a whole lifestyle change [and no I'm not advocating AA or any of that type of hooey]. I stopped in 1981 after many many years of living in a bottle, you have to change your entire attitude, how you spend your free time and with whom. It can't be I'm never going to drink again, the mentality has to be, "No I am not going to drink right now" everytime you reach for a drink. You need to not hang out in bars or at partys where everyone is getting hammered. Find something else to go do during the time of day/night when you would go drinking and stick to it. Good luck it's a hard road, can you stick to your guns when all your friends will say aw come on you can have one...they say that because they feel uncomfortable around you with their own drinking and it will make them feel good about their own actions if you become one of them again. In the long run remember this when all is said and done the only person who will really give a **** about you and your life is you, 99% of your "friends" will not be there for you if and when the **** hits the fan they will be too busy taking care of themselves.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
In the long run remember this when all is said and done the only person who will really give a **** about you and your life is you, 99% of your "friends" will not be there for you if and when the **** hits the fan they will be too busy taking care of themselves.
Word.

My friends have all rolled their eyes when greeted with this news... One even called today to see if I was up for a bar ride. "I'm off the sauce". "Oh yea, I remember you saying that. All right, later".

My biggest hurdle is coming home from a stressful job and hopping on the bike and riding to the gym instead of having drinks at the house or hopping on the bike and riding to the bar.

I'm serious about it and I appreciate the encouragement!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Word.

My friends have all rolled their eyes when greeted with this news... One even called today to see if I was up for a bar ride. "I'm off the sauce". "Oh yea, I remember you saying that. All right, later".

My biggest hurdle is coming home from a stressful job and hopping on the bike and riding to the gym instead of having drinks at the house or hopping on the bike and riding to the bar.

I'm serious about it and I appreciate the encouragement!
Wish you luck this time el stencho!

i know you've been down this road before a couple or three times

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Take the money you save and buy 2 things:
Lights to ride South Mountain at night with me
Ticket to whistler (i'm going late Summer)

I've actually cut back on my drinking and am trying to cut out beer... i think having 3 large arrogant bastards a night has not been good for me...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
A permanent hangover and getting more and more out of shape has gone too far.

Diet and exercise baby, diet and exercise for 2008.

:weee:
If you are really serious, right on.

All power to you bro.