Quantcast

I'm really hurt(serious)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Get better Price!

I had a friend in college that got kicked of a university bus for being too drunk then decided to hitch a ride on the bumper. He fell off when the bus was doing about 30 and fell right on his face. He managed to get away with little more than road rash and a lot of missing teeth.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hopefully your vision is improving. I hung up on a vert ramp skating once and fell straight on top of my head (11 ft to flat yo). I had really pixelated vision for a few days, but it got progressively better each day.

I ended up tearing a few meninges, the tissue networtk that holds your brain in place. I just pretty much had to stay immobile for a few weeks. Hopefully you've got nothing more serious.

Take it easy man. You've still got a lot of good years ahead of you.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Damn, get well soon man.

My grandpa was in the hospital rescently for surgery, he's a tough old 85 year old bastard. He is going in again soon and is frankly pissed off about it. Anyway, he was dosed real hard with the big M and said he was seeing his entire room adorned with hundreds of perfectly dried, and very fragile, "decorative cabbages".

I about cracked up when he told me because thats one hell of a hallucination.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I found out the names of my problems. I had to ask my mommy, who Kidwoo should know well.

Sub Dural hematoma and a cerebral contusion. I don't know if I spelled them right but I beleieve they are fairly serious.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
robdamanii said:
Obviously not. Like a cell phone, it will fvck up their equipment. Duh. :rolleyes:
I work in a hospital w/ a WiFi network. It is still being rolled out but is available in patient rooms.

Get well soon!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
ThePriceSeliger said:
I found out the names of my problems. I had to ask my mommy, who Kidwoo should know well.

Sub Dural hematoma and a cerebral contusion. I don't know if I spelled them right but I beleieve they are fairly serious.
subdural hematoma - you're bleeding between your brain and your skull

cerebral contusion - you bruised your brain.

get well soon. this is def nothing to laugh at.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
robdamanii said:
*just in case, my last post was full of sarcasm since we all know damn well cell phones and pagers do nothing to their equipment (otherwise doc's phones would ruin their life)*

He's at home I'm guessing?

Yeah, it's a scam. The whole "ban" is based of one report of an old motorola analog phone (the 2 watt brain cancer phone) that messed up one very old IV puch machine. There has never baan a report of a newer digital phone (which transmits in the milli-watT range) causing any problem with hospital equipment or avionics.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Take care of your brain, it's one of the few parts of your body that can't be replaced (yet).

Concussions Suck, I know. Take it easy and don't try anything too "adventurous" until you are fully healed.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Barbaton said:
subdural hematoma - you're bleeding between your brain and your skull

cerebral contusion - you bruised your brain.

get well soon. this is def nothing to laugh at.
Wow didn't know those things. I was out most of the time so I didn't get details. Kinda scary.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I think a moto helmet would be a great idea! ....I was thinking off the bikes, might be good on the bikes too.:D

My next helmet will be a moto helemt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think maybe your parents should buy you a helmet just to walk around in.

Nice to see you are out of the hospital.