Quantcast

I'm Rich Biatch!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
SLAP!:D

Cold Blooded!

Not my legs, You can buy a new couch, I can't buy new legs.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by Lexx D
SLAP!:D

Cold Blooded!

Not my legs, You can buy a new couch, I can't buy new legs.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
How bout the Player Haters...they see the pic of Rosie O'Donnell...and DC is all...it's BOY GEORGE...that bitch wears underwear with dickholes in em!

And of course one of my favorite season one skits...Clayton Bigsby...I won't go any further but if you've seen you know what I'm talking about.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
costs of textbooks here in the US is ****ing unreal. if i remember correcty, the Daily Texan (UT's newspaper) reported last year that a $130 Intermediate Accounting book would cost the equivalent of $70 overseas.

not to mention all the bookstores on/near campus are owned by the Co-op, which screws us, UT kids, over even more.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by the Inbred
costs of textbooks here in the US is ****ing unreal. if i remember correcty, the Daily Texan (UT's newspaper) reported last year that a $130 Intermediate Accounting book would cost the equivalent of $70 overseas.

WHAT?!??!

Thats not cool at all.

I spend ~$300 on books a semester

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
YEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAHH!!!!
OKAAAAAAAAY!! OKAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
WWWWHAT? WWWWWWHAT? WWWWWWWHAT?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by dh girlie
How bout the Player Haters...they see the pic of Rosie O'Donnell...and DC is all...it's BOY GEORGE...that bitch wears underwear with dickholes in em!

And of course one of my favorite season one skits...Clayton Bigsby...I won't go any further but if you've seen you know what I'm talking about.
"what exactly is it you have against black people clayton?"

"well how much time you got fella..........???"

bwahahhahahahah:devil: :devil: :devil:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I don't understand why all text isn't available in .PDF format on a CD-Rom for a friggin laptop! One small simple laptop, instead of spine crushing 50lb back pack.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
would you still pay $100 for that cd?

right now, i'm glad i don't have any classes that require cds, 'cause computer is about to die, and won't read any cds or dvds.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Too bad they tried to give me $12 for a $85 textbook this week.

I decided to keep it to be destroyed violently at a later date.

The worst books for buyback for me so far were the novels in German for the upper level literature courses. They cost me around $20-35 per book, and they offer $1-3 back. :rolleyes: Even though the same class will be taught again with the same novels.

Book buyback is just another way to scam students out of more money. Buy almost new books back at a fraction of what was charged, and then sell them for $10 less than the new versions.

I guess it's better than going with a new edition every semester. I wish I had looked into the off campus bookstores or online options though, seems like every campus bookstore just reams you.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Originally posted by fonseca
The worst books for buyback for me so far were the novels in German for the upper level literature courses. They cost me around $20-35 per book, and they offer $1-3 back. :rolleyes: Even though the same class will be taught again with the same novels.
Ach du lieber! Unglaublich! ;)

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
"For the first time in my life, I'm finally free. No mansions for me, I said F it. No brand new humvee. I said F it."

"Don't give up stinky, my daddy says if you never give up, and work hard, all your dreams will come true."

"That's the gayest sh*t I've ever heard."

hahahaha

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by LoboDelFuego
I know alot of college students that run underground book buyback. Like they'll just sell you the text for a few dollars more than whatever the official buyback rate is, so its works out for everyone. I've bought a few philosophy/theory books this way.
Yeah, but thats a pain in the a$$. By the time you make your posters, wait for people to call you, blah blah blah, I personally dont think its worth it.

Unless you are in a major-specific class and one of your friends a year below you needs it. Then it just makes things easier :)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
This is when you figure out who pissed you off over the year, steal their $200 Physics book and sell it back:devil:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Has anyone here bought books on Amazon (or wherever) and sold them back at school? Over the winter break, my bro and some of his friends found book for like 2/3 off of what the school bookstore was selling them for. They may have gone to Borders or B&N.com. I don't see why the school wouldn't buy them back.

One other thing I recomend trying is pealing off the used stickers. Probably old news, but every so often I get lucky.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Repack
This is when you figure out who pissed you off over the year, steal their $200 Physics book and sell it back:devil:

See, at VCU they have wised up to that trick, and you have to have a copy of your schedual to prove that you actually took that class

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by DHanamal
"For the first time in my life, I'm finally free. No mansions for me, I said F it. No brand new humvee. I said F it."

"Don't give up stinky, my daddy says if you never give up, and work hard, all your dreams will come true."

"That's the gayest sh*t I've ever heard."

hahahaha
i'm fvcking crying right now after reading this!!! i almost crapped in my pants when i heard that for the first time!! that entire skit is insane, how they got that aired is a mystery to me:D