Quantcast

I'm selling my TT bike...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/1039217034.html

Very HOT Trek bike - Black and Yellow - $750 (Austin )

Reply to: sale-1039217034@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-17, 7:49PM CST

I have a Trek bicycle that I picked up from a friend from LA yesterday, it's black and yellow and looks real fast. I haven't ridden it but man it's light. Not your typical Wal*Mart type ride. Probably some sort of semi-pro bike.
I'm expecting this one to sell fast so no time wasters please.
Bike is covered in Livestrong stickers. Does not have lights or a bag, I think some of the spokes are missing - there aren't many on each wheel but the rim bits are plastic and really light.
I'm looking for $750 but make me an offer, I work downtown so if you want to see it we could meet somewhere around 4th and Nueces maybe?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Police report Armstrong's TT bike recovered

Sacramento Police Department has confirmed that Lance Armstrong's one-off Trek Equinox TTX Livestrong time trial bike has been recovered. Circumstances surrounding the recovery are muddled and it is not currently known the condition of the bike. From rumors heard over race radio, the thieves apparently had no idea what they actually had and were trying to obtain a surprisingly small amount of money for it on the street. We'll have more information when it becomes available.

Armstrong used the bike to finish tenth in the Tour of California's opening prologue.

Johan Bruyneel, Astana's team manager, had reported that three road bikes also stolen belong to Janez Brajkovic, Steve Morabito and Yaroslav Popovych.

Astana has high hopes to win the overall once again. The crucial stage that can decide the race is the time trial in Solvang on February 20. The riders will tackle a 24-kilometre course.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Moderator, close this thread!

Sacramento police recover Armstrong's stolen bike

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

(02-18) 15:46 PST Sacramento, CA (AP) --

Lance Armstrong's time-trial bike that disappeared from the Team Astana truck after he used it before Stage 1 of the Tour of California has been found.

Officers said a local resident brought the custom bike, worth about $10,000, to police headquarters Wednesday morning.

The Trek Livestrong 1274 was taken after Armstrong used it during Saturday's time trial. Two other bikes belonging to Armstrong's teammates were also taken, but there was no immediate word from police about whether they were still missing.

Officers wouldn't discuss how the resident came into possession of Armstrong's bicycle, citing an ongoing investigation.