Quantcast

i'm so smoove

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Took the road bike out to Alki and rode for 20 miles. I have troubles mounting the roadie haha. The bumps hurt and the little hills hurt but not a big deal, i was frikkin stoked to be out and riding. i had a smile practically the whole ride.
Then when i got back home to celebrate i took the bike off the car, tried hopping on, stumbled because i was trying to hold my frikkin walking cane too, crashed into a car which set off the alarm, and landed on my bad leg. haha my leg is ok it just hurt like hell for a bit not to mention my pride....
i am the smoovest of the smoove..... :)

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
ahha i know how that goes, i was riding a bike that turned out wasn't completely assembled yet at work the other day and had to bail, landed on my bad leg, ancle got all swollen again.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
oly said:
Skookum mounts roadies! AHAHAHAHA
Yikes! :eek:

Actually Skooks and Fast&Smooth were scaring me at the begining of this thread with their stories of grace. I should get the nod from the Doc to toss this boot (I hope) tomorrow and hope that I am a little smoother than them. Of course then I reflect back on the graceful move that broke my ankle (too) in the first place and know I am doomed. Hopefully riding for me this weekend, but no mounting roadies for me. The wife will get mad! :mumble:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Sounds like the first time I tried clipless pedals. Didn't check the settings when I put them on. I fell over about three times on pavement. Checked the settings to find they were tight to the max. Someone at shimano is having some serious fun. Doh!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Funny thing about rides, you might go riding 300 times in a year, but most of them you will remember nothing about a few weeks later. This ride you might be remembering a year from now maybe longer, its a special day when you get back on your bike after a wreck. The other ride you always remember is the wreck ride, at least after a while, the brain has a tendency to forget the worst stuff.
Take it easy though, it take a while to get all the way back.