Quantcast

I'm starting a new little trend on this site.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Okay, i'm going to post a puzzler every week, and hopefully it'll catch on.

First Puzzler.
Jack lives on the tenth floor of an apartment building. Everyday he wakes up and goes to the elevator to go to work. On a regular day he rides the elevator down to the first floor, then when he gets home he takes the stairs up to the top floor.

On a rainy day however, he rides the elevator down in the morning and he rides it up when he gets home. The puzzler why does Jack ride the elevator both times on a rainy day and only down on a sunny day?

Clues:
1. Jack does not walk up the stairs for exercise.
2. The stairwell is not outside of the building.

enjoy!

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
SilentJ got it! On rainy days Jack (who is vertically challenged) has an umbrella to reach the 10th floor button. Good job silentJ. I might just have to up my game a little bit. :D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
First, let's take a look at exactly what the derivative of Jack is. We know that he walks up stairs but not down, so we can infer that he's not an invalid. We also know that Jack has a phobia of going down stairs, so we can infer that he has brittle bone disease. Our third piece of information is that there are nude sunbathers on the roof next door, so let's extrapolate on that. The nekkid girls are going to be there only on days where it doesn't rain. But these girls want to show off their newly bought racks, so they're out there all the time.

Obviously, the answer is: Jack is an idiot for taking the stairs up or down. Even taking the elevator to go to work is stupid when there are nekkid girls flaunting themselves on the roof next door. Sheesh....people these days....:p

I need a damn beer...

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Dirtjumper999 said:
SilentJ got it! On rainy days Jack (who is vertically challenged) has an umbrella to reach the 10th floor button. Good job silentJ. I might just have to up my game a little bit. :D
Hmmm, I can't recall seeing an elevator that did not have a keypad like this:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
* 10 *

I call BS! [or alzhiemers for me :p ]

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Hmmm, I can't recall seeing an elevator that did not have a keypad like this:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
* 10 *

I call BS! [or alzhiemers for me :p ]
Looking at the Fact you posted at 1:29 AM I am going to forgive your post, obviously you were "high" when you went online.
Most elevator Keypads are reverse of what yours is....

10 9 8
7 6 5
4 3 2
L LL B