Quantcast

I'm starting to get annoyed with the Airlines...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So far I've been on the phone with 5 different people from 2 different airlines. NOBODY can tell me what the baggage limit for my inter-island flight is (basically, since we're diving, we have to go over the limit, but how much over max is allowed). Furthermore, I've gotten 3 different explanations on what is allowed in a carry-on after this crap in London.

All I can say is...if I have to check my SLR, laptop and underwater camera, I'm going to throw a sh!t fit at the security station.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I've heard from a TSA employee, and I can't seem to find it on TSA's website, so who knows how much truth there is in it, that they will be baning all carry-on lugage, period. This inludes Laptops, iPods, cellphones, cameras, magazines ect. You will only be allowed to bring on baby food, and vital medicine, and car-keys (but not keys with electric fobs of any sort.

I have a job in China coming up, and I really don't trust bagage handlers with over $70,000 in photo gear. And what the hell am I suposed to do without my bottle of vodka and my iPod?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
maxyedor said:
I've heard from a TSA employee, and I can't seem to find it on TSA's website, so who knows how much truth there is in it, that they will be baning all carry-on lugage, period. This inludes Laptops, iPods, cellphones, cameras, magazines ect. You will only be allowed to bring on baby food, and vital medicine, and car-keys (but not keys with electric fobs of any sort.

I have a job in China coming up, and I really don't trust bagage handlers with over $70,000 in photo gear. And what the hell am I suposed to do without my bottle of vodka and my iPod?
ONLY on transcontinental flights from the US to the UK.
http://www.tsa.gov/press/where_we_stand/security_measures.shtm
http://www.continental.com/web/en-us/content/news/travelnoticesecurity.aspx?SID=E7C703CEA50846BDA9AB672542CFB257

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
If they ban iPods, they better damn well ban anyone under 15 as well.

I will kill toddlers on flights if I don't have headphones on...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Silver said:
If they ban iPods, they better damn well ban anyone under 15 as well.

I will kill toddlers on flights if I don't have headphones on...
I always get lucky and end up with kids who want to sit in my lap and look out the window. How do I get so lucky?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Silver said:
That sounds vaguely Catholic Priest-ish...

:rofl:
I really did see that comming. I promise I didn't mean it like that. My flight from Dallas to Hartford, I had a kid in the last hour who sat in my lap and looked out the window. When the flight landed, her parents gave me $10 for "babysitting".

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
ThePriceSeliger said:
I really did see that comming. I promise I didn't mean it like that. My flight from Dallas to Hartford, I had a kid in the last hour who sat in my lap and looked out the window. When the flight landed, her parents gave me $10 for "babysitting".

And what did you give him? ;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
airlines are really starting to piss me off as well... my wife and i fly quite a lot and it s getting old... not only is it expensive with their fuel 'taxes' and surcharges, but the reaming you get when clearing customs etc is BS...

i m due to fly out home to australia in october and now i read that you can t take any kind of drinks or liquids onto the plane in carry-on... jesus, how will i make the fight without my 1/5 th of vodka cleverly disguised in a water bottle :)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
partsbara said:
i m due to fly out home to australia in october and now i read that you can t take any kind of drinks or liquids onto the plane in carry-on... jesus, how will i make the fight without my 1/5 th of vodka cleverly disguised in a water bottle :)
Time to hit the pills, I reckon.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
BurlyShirley said:
I dont fly.
Are you scared of spiders and large spaces and the dark too? :D

So now airlines are gonna get even worse. Somehow someone got some liquid explosives past security or something like that, so now shampoo, toothpaste, and other liquids won't be allowed on planes. :stosh:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Bicyclist said:
Are you scared of spiders and large spaces and the dark too? :D
I should restate: I dont like large passenger airliners. I dont mind being up in a Cessna or in any kind of helicopters, but not being able to see the pilots freaks me out for some reason. My only other real phobia is retards. Well, their mouths specifically.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
partsbara said:
I'm with you on that point, I can't fly coach unless messed up, can't deal with Biz. class without a beer buzz, and even 1st class is only bearable if there are some hot chicks on the flight.

As for the carry-on ban, it looks like some airports were sporaticly banning all carry-ons. Excuse me a moment I need to get some Valium, Halceon, and a little medical Vodka prescribed, so I can take them on the plane.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
maxyedor said:
I'm with you on that point, I can't fly coach unless messed up, can't deal with Biz. class without a beer buzz, and even 1st class is only bearable if there are some hot chicks on the flight.

As for the carry-on ban, it looks like some airports were sporaticly banning all carry-ons. Excuse me a moment I need to get some Valium, Halceon, and a little medical Vodka prescribed, so I can take them on the plane.
I'm seriously considering popping a valium before I fly on tuesday. Airport security and their crap tends to make me a raving lunatic anyway, and I'm sure these little thrills won't make it any better.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i really don't mind flying (esp solo...it's about the only time i can sit down w/ a good book or mag and my mp3 player and remain unmolested).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I fly to Colorado next week. No carry on, no big deal. It will cut down on the assholes trying to fit a trunk into the overhead compartments and wondering why the fvcking thing won't close properly. Then drag their fat ass over you to get to their window seat.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Just mother *uc*in great.
No chapstick or water, even after passing through security.Cannot get on airplane with it...I'm going to dry up into a piece of leather..!

Remember the good old days when you could carry your pocketknife on..!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
chuffer said:
i hope you were being sarcastic...
no, not at all....you can't read and listen to music at the same time? it's not much more evolved than the skills to walk and chew gum simultaneously, is it?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stevew said:
I fly to Colorado next week. No carry on, no big deal. It will cut down on the assholes trying to fit a trunk into the overhead compartments and wondering why the fvcking thing won't close properly. Then drag their fat ass over you to get to their window seat.
I don't like trusting my camera and my laptop to the cro-magnon baggage handlers, though, who treat luggage like an excuse to train for the shot put event.

I don't really have a problem checking normal luggage but I'd rather be responsible for my own expensive electronics.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
no, not at all....you can't read and listen to music at the same time? it's not much more evolved than the skills to walk and chew gum simultaneously, is it?
in the uk, at least, passengers are now being forced to check their ipods, er, sorry, "mp3 players".

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
narlus said:
um, actually, that wasnt my point.

my point was more along the lines of the fact that you cant take an mp3 player, a book or a magazine with you into the cabin of an airplane at the moment...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good thing i'm not flying, then. seriously, you can't stuff a book in yr pocket and bring it on the plane?

i love the reactionary response of airline security...