Quantcast

I'm starving.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I forgot how much hungrier I am when I commute in to work. I am hungry as hell and I ate my sandwich 2 hours ago. I don't think I'll have the strength to make it home.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Sacrifice an annoying co-worker and BBQ them in your cubical. You'll feel better and work will be a better place tomorrow.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Im eating some strawberries right now to help give me some extra energy for the ride home.
On my first commute of the season I actually had to pull over to the side of the road on this really horrible climb. I was so embarrassed that I had to stop. I could have used some strawberries.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I would say if you are lactating, this would be an awesome time to self-utilize. But, since I don't remember you mentioning anything about lactating at the time, I would say try and bum some quarters for a pack of nabs.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I would say if you are lactating, this would be an awesome time to self-utilize. But, since I don't remember you mentioning anything about lactating at the time, I would say try and bum some quarters for a pack of nabs.
First off, gross. Second off, I imagine taking nutrients from my own body to fuel myself wouldn't really work. I would probably burn more energy in the end through the attempt.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
On my first commute of the season I actually had to pull over to the side of the road on this really horrible climb. I was so embarrassed that I had to stop. I could have used some strawberries.
Strawberries and Girl Scout Thin Mints are my favorite pre-commute snack.

Theres nothing wrong with hiking a climb. As long as its not just a rolling hill. :) :monkeydance:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
This one girl keeps candy on her desk. I've eaten all of her chocolate already. She has to have noticed.
:rofl:

I have coworkers that keep candy on their desks, so when I'm hunger I roam around eat it all

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I always to do a weekly trip to Henry's to buy a bag of trail mix for those hungry times of the day.

pic unrelated

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
So you are hungry enough to complain to us, but not hungry enough to break into your pistachio stash?

:)

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I think I jumped on the strawberries too soon. I still have another 20 min before I leave and I'm feeling hungry again.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
So you are hungry enough to complain to us, but not hungry enough to break into your pistachio stash?

:)
kingbee said:
I think I jumped on the strawberries too soon. I still have another 20 min before I leave and I'm feeling hungry again.
See, do you see what happens if you jump on the emergency stash too soon.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Well if you break into your stash, do it BEFORE you start riding home. Biking and trying to split open pistachios at the same time would be a bad idea.

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
I ride to work and always used to get so hungry and needed a snack for the ride home. There is a vending machine in our office and I buy so many peanuts from it that the guy has 3 slots of peanuts just for me. mmm peanuts

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
laura ... how long is your commute?
Today was my long commute (working at the medical college) and it's only 15 round trip. On normal days when I am at my real office it is only going to be 8-9 miles. I've just been getting so little physical activity that I am used to not even being hungry during the day. Today I was unprepared.