Quantcast

Im such a sucker: OR.. Who needs a cat?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Update:

So last night I was looking at the cat and discovered a live bot fly larva living in the cat's neck... which was obviously causing the head swelling issue. Vet totally whiffed on this when I brought it in last week, so this morning I brought the cat back in, and he looked pretty apologetic. The couldn't see the maggot moving, so they decide to cut open the cat's neck and poke around in there.
Apparently the maggot died or fell out or whatever, so they cleaned out it's little flesh house and stitched the cat back up. She was pretty heavily sedated so now she's stumbling around the house... hopefully maggot-free.
Guy didn't charge me for the surgery though, which I thought was a really standup thing to do, considering it took him a while to do the procedure and it was a busy saturday.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Whatever you do, don't try to move to Africa with cats. It's a ****ing nightmare. Not because Burundi cares what's coming in, but because you have to change airlines and neither one will work with the other to ensure it goes smoothly. One will only take two cats as baggage, the other will only take one in baggage...but then somehow we have to get one of them out of cargo during our layover in Brussels and put it in a soft carrier, re-check the kennel for like $400 euros or some ****, then try and not get trashed by customs or someone as we try and transit through the EU, which will destroy thousands of tons of fruit for being 1mm too small...so we're not figuring they're going to be too helpful.

Looks like we're just going to have to have my wife fly on the next flight a week later with the second cat. If there's space for her and a cat in cargo.

And somehow this is my responsibility to do these logistics, not the airlines', even though they're being paid many thousands of dollars to transport us. They only exist to make the process even ****ing harder. Grrrrrrr.

But your cat's cute and makes for funny tags.