Quantcast

I'm too stupid to be a juror

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm at jury duty, waiting....., all damm week. how lame. I'm on a dial up connection too, even lamer.

so far I've done two tours of the court rooms. I haven't been picked yet, hopefully never. I can't even pay attention to what the lawyers are saying for five minutes.....

yesterday I told them I would make a bad juror because I didn't want to be there and when I have to do things I don't want to, I have a hard time paying attention.

I think they need to do an IQ test on the jurors before they call them. that way I would never ever be called. :help:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"There are two things I live for in life: killing that lawyer and that cop!"

Yous should be outta there with plenty of time to ride!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have to be here everyday this week from 9:00 to 4:00. so even if I'm not picked, I'm still sitting around doing nothing.....

maybe I'll go ask if there is a liquor store near here.......;)

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Not to say this is right, but I am 22 and have already been called to this 2 times in my worthless life time. It sucks.

First time I told them that I knew the person (which I didn't) but made up a good story. It worked that time no questions asked.

The second time, I told them I hated Mexican's (which is not true at all) but just because I couldn't use the "i know him" plead. Boy did that get their attention. I said it wouldn't be fair because I hated them all. Got out of that one as well :)

I do not hate any race, but jeez it's not as easy as one would think to get booted out of jury duty. If you say you have better things to do they want you to prove it. I couldn't prove it. If you tell them I can't do it because I need to work because I am poor they don't care. The justice system in choosing jury duty is lame. I haven't even registered to vote or anything yet I get these things atleast 1 time a year. My friends, girlfriend, and even other adults don't get these.

Next time I am going to tell them that I hate court rooms, attorneys, and especially judges :)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yea, I HAD to be here. I have gotten out of so many. the last one I got I threw away and they sent me kind of a warning letter saying I had to call or else....

I can't lie is my problem. so I can't say I hate people other then saying I hate all people which wouldn't be a lie. I should just be able to say I'm from oregon and they should just let me leave...:p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
tell em you have urgent business on your home planet of Zargon, and if you miss it, a hole in the space-time continuim will result in "Freinds" getting put back on the air......

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm sure they watch Friends. I just know it......

I do think throwing up in the court room would work well though. but that won't get me out for the rest of the week.

unusualpunk

Chimp
Dec 21, 2003
at your girlfriends house
Spunger said:
Not to say this is right, but I am 22 and have already been called to this 2 times in my worthless life time. It sucks.

First time I told them that I knew the person (which I didn't) but made up a good story. It worked that time no questions asked.

The second time, I told them I hated Mexican's (which is not true at all) but just because I couldn't use the "i know him" plead. Boy did that get their attention. I said it wouldn't be fair because I hated them all. Got out of that one as well :)

I do not hate any race, but jeez it's not as easy as one would think to get booted out of jury duty. If you say you have better things to do they want you to prove it. I couldn't prove it. If you tell them I can't do it because I need to work because I am poor they don't care. The justice system in choosing jury duty is lame. I haven't even registered to vote or anything yet I get these things atleast 1 time a year. My friends, girlfriend, and even other adults don't get these.

Next time I am going to tell them that I hate court rooms, attorneys, and especially judges :)
I am going to use tha next timet!!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the first case was for a violation of restraining order and todays was a hit and run. I wasn't picked for either one so I can talk about them.....

who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I would tell them I am a felon but I don't want them to look into and end up on the other side of the juror box......

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Tell him that you are the rencarnation of Elivs and Jesus and that you were abducted by aliens with that Ace guy from Kiss.
That'd get you out in a flash or just laughed at

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
2/3 of the cases I've seen and been told about have been involving police and a person of race. When asked about the situation, I let them (judge and lawyers) know that I believe there to be a history of racial profiling within the law enforcement community and a continued tradition of different attitudes towards whites and non-whites. It gets me out of jury duty and the kicker is that I'm not lying. I don't want to do jury duty as much as the next guy, but lying in a court is pretty low imo and not something I'd be proud to do.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
You know what it is that ticks me off, is the system. I swear "the system" is only good for somethings, and all others it sucks. Jury duty is one of them.

If they said they'd pay you $100 a day to do it I'd be good for it. But with work and the knowing I will fall behind, it doesn't make it worth it. They have jobs and understand too, but it comes down to I truely can't afford it.

I mean I CAN afford new tires for the bike, hehe cables, shocks etc.....but I CANT afford jury duty.

I think it all depends on the case too. How'd you like to be the poor people on a jury duty call that lasts 10 months, or OJ's kind of case. Good god, 1 day maybe, 10 months no way!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Spunger said:
If they said they'd pay you $100 a day to do it I'd be good for it. But with work and the knowing I will fall behind, it doesn't make it worth it. They have jobs and understand too, but it comes down to I truely can't afford it.

I think it all depends on the case too. How'd you like to be the poor people on a jury duty call that lasts 10 months, or OJ's kind of case. Good god, 1 day maybe, 10 months no way!
Here in CA we get what, $5 a day for jury duty? When I last showed up for jury duty, I was told that some states pay "real" money for those who serve. I'm not talking big bucks, but at least something that'll cover more than half the gas money to show up.

Serving on a federal case would blow. Not only do you have to show up for an insane amount of time, but sometimes you'd be sequestered(sp?) and can't do or read sh1t until the case is over.

For those of you who want out of jury duty, just pull a Chapelle: ya see? that pee ain't real, it's digital.