Quantcast

I'm Very Proud of America Tonight!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Even more than after living through the hellish Reagan/Bush era and when Clinton took over. We now have a beacon of hope to show off and share with world.

Thanks Americans!

:cheers:

G'night!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is the greatest moment in American history in my lifetime.

No joke, no exaggeration, no sarcasm.

This is the best.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife and I were talking about that. A little of my faith in humanity is restored. It sure would be nice to restore our image in the world.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow, USA, you impress me. After 8 pathetic republican years you got up and made a real positive choice for change. A ray of hope beams down tonight!

I mean Mccain and *PALIN* urghh... ouch...

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I don't want to come across as ignorant, but what has happened to make this your finest moment?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I also am a happy camper, won't be for 9am studio, but them the shakes.

USA USA USA!
(first time I have meant it in my entire life)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Boy, a much different vibe in the PAWN forum this time around. :D

A historic day indeed and I am proud to have been part of it. There is such a feeling of pride and hope among Americans this morning.

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
This election makes me barf. totally discussed.

Pelosi, Reid and now Barak "done nothin" Obama.

We are totally, totally F'd.
You are a sad person...really man I hope you don't have a wife and kids yet. You need to do some growing up and educating yourself about how the world works. If you believed you are f'd... then guess what... you are. Talk like "totally, totally f'd" just makes you sound like a dip sh*t (I'm not sayin' that you are... I don't know you but this is the impression you give off). I wish you the best with getting "F'd".

Lube up!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Two things I noted that were pretty cool. First, apparently the turn-out was the greatest since 1960. Second, they've declared a national holiday in Kenya. Awesome!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
from a historical perspective this is an amazing result.

i hope the now we can finally put race/color aside from now on. we are all going to be a nice mocha blend not too long from now anyway.

:drool:

edit: thx Cable for the rep.. :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I certainly never thought I would see the time when the old white guys were not running the White House. I grew up in the time when it took federal troops to allow Blacks into schools and polling places, when Johnson hammered through the civil rights act of 64, the assasinations of black leaders.

And now perhaps the old saying of "Anyone can grow up to be the President of the United States" really does ring true.

A truely momentus day has occured in US History and we were part of it.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
nice personal attack.

I just know that generally speaking, the truth lies in the opposite direction of the masses.

When the Washington establishment loves him, the media loves him and the international likes of Hugo Chaves loves him ... he ain't the right choice for America.

I couldn't care less about issues like abortion or gay marriage. Honestly, being that he is young, in his 40's, and associating with people like Wright, I just hope he has enough true American patriotism and enough American history to guide and fight for our best interest when it comes to international issues like free trade with China, border security with Mexico and make the right decision when it comes to the middle east and energy policy. I just think he is too loved and too popular with all the wrong people to make the true decisions and are usually unpopular.

I hope i am wrong.

Basically, whether you're a dem or a rep, this country needs an as$hole running the country to force us to be fiscally responsible, demand fair trade (or heaven forbid have unfair trade to the benefit to the USA) and guard our national security (military, energy ETC)

So from this perspective, i think Obama was the riskier candidate.

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
nice personal attack.

I just know that generally speaking, the truth lies in the opposite direction of the masses.

When the Washington establishment loves him, the media loves him and the international likes of Hugo Chaves loves him ... he ain't the right choice for America.

I couldn't care less about issues like abortion or gay marriage. Honestly, being that he is young, in his 40's, and associating with people like Wright, I just hope he has enough true American patriotism and enough American history to guide and fight for our best interest when it comes to international issues like free trade with China, border security with Mexico and make the right decision when it comes to the middle east and energy policy. I just think he is too loved and too popular with all the wrong people to make the true decisions and are usually unpopular.

I hope i am wrong.

Basically, whether you're a dem or a rep, this country needs an as$hole running the country to force us to be fiscally responsible, demand fair trade (or heaven forbid have unfair trade to the benefit to the USA) and guard our national security (military, energy ETC)

Thanks for clarifying.

My attack was just as brash and knee jerk as your initial "we are totally, totally f'd" comment.

I would hope that you are more rational than that. And clearly, you are.

You know what... I hope you are wrong too.

Best

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Pretty sure you mean he isn't right for middle america; but then again, even some of them liked him. The metropolitain areas certainly like him and believe he is the right choice. A leader with the support of his people IS the right choice, no matter what outside opinions are.

Oh, and look how well things worked with the last a$$hole in charge. Not so good with security (worse), not so good with economy (worse) and he brought the level of english used during state of the union addresses down to a 5th grade level.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
nice personal attack.

I hope i am wrong.

I don't know what to say about this.

I listened to Palin this morning, and I didn't hear her once say, "Congratulations Barack". It was like she was still running her campaign even though the American people told her to STFU.

You think that McCain was a maverick, a strong man in defiance of everyone? Let me point this out to you:

The Anatomy of A Smear Campaign

In South Carolina, Bush Republicans were facing an opponent who was popular for his straight talk and Vietnam war record. They knew that if McCain won in South Carolina, he would likely win the nomination. With few substantive differences between Bush and McCain, the campaign was bound to turn personal. The situation was ripe for a smear.

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.

Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Some aspects of this smear were hardly so subtle. Bob Jones University professor Richard Hand sent an e-mail to "fellow South Carolinians" stating that McCain had "chosen to sire children without marriage." It didn't take long for mainstream media to carry the charge. CNN interviewed Hand and put him on the spot: "Professor, you say that this man had children out of wedlock. He did not have children out of wedlock." Hand replied, "Wait a minute, that's a universal negative. Can you prove that there aren't any?"
I have always felt a certain respect for McCain over an issue like this. So what does he do during this campaign against Obama?

Seven years later, who is running McCain's South Carolina campaign? Charlie Condon, the former State Attorney General who in 2000 helped spread the innuendo targeting Bridget. If you can't beat them, hire them--even if they've launched racist attacks against your own daughter.
You can believe whatever you want about Obama. The problems we have today are no one's fault but our own. There have been lots of words bandied like terrorist and patriot.

People claim that Obama has no experience. Well, one thing I judge all the candidates on is how they ran their campaigns. How much money did raise and where it came from, what was their strategy and how it was executed, how they dealt with attacks, and the process of choosing a running mate.

Obama ran an enormously successful campaign considering his lack of renown and experience and the huge hurdle of racism he would face. McCain ran a so-so campaign, resorting to tactics he swore not to use and hurt him personally before.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
People claim that Obama has no experience. Well, one thing I judge all the candidates on is how they ran their campaigns. How much money did raise and where it came from, what was their strategy and how it was executed, how they dealt with attacks, and the process of choosing a running mate.

Obama ran an enormously successful campaign considering his lack of renown and experience and the huge hurdle of racism he would face. McCain ran a so-so campaign, resorting to tactics he swore not to use and hurt him personally before.
Obama ran an impressively organized, well executed, inspired and honorable campaign. I'm guessing that he can do the same for this country.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
"done nothin" Obama.
I'd say being of [way] above average intelligence and temperment is a much better start than someone who is a complete ****ing moron like Bush or Palin. And "experience" doesn't count much if that experience is nothing but a long line of ****-ups that leave us with things like a 10 trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, a battered infrastructure, an endless war, and a world that universally despises us. I'll take a pass on that kind of "experience".

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
nice personal attack.

I hope i am wrong.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I decided to vote for Cindy Sheehan to replace Pelosi.

I know she had no chance, but I decided to become a single issue voter here:

Impeachment.

Sheehan is in favor of Bush/Cheney impeachment, Pelosi did nothing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Not sure where you have been for the last 8 years, but an asshole is what we have had. We are hated as a country and that's not the way to lead.

Obama proved you can run a campaign focused on ideas and hope, not fear and smear. He doesn't have connections to big oil like GWB has, so he has no reason to stick to oil.

I am very happy and look forward to the next 4 years. But even I know the first year will be worse before it gets better, regardless of who won.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
nice personal attack.

I hope i am wrong.

Border security, eh? Free trade?

Do you know what you're talking about?