Quantcast

I'm Virbrating!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
I was hoping this thread would be dirty, possibly relating to junk and shaving. I am dissapointed.
 

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
15,192
0
¡Phoenix!
Five said:
Does that mean you're getting one?
I have an 04 and I was waiting until 06 to get a new one. I didn't think they were gonna be shipped this early. I just bought a XC bike, but my world may have to be rearranged. I'm going to ride it after work, and see what's up.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,752
2,594
MTB New England
Why does a bike company have to make changes to the new year's model? I mean, if the bike seems to be keeping customers happy, why make changes just for the sake of making changes?

:confused:

Christ, I don't know. I just ride whatever works. :D
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
50,794
4,167
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Why does a bike company have to make changes to the new year's model? I mean, if the bike seems to be keeping customers happy, why make changes just for the sake of making changes?
It's all in the pursuit of the perfect bike design.

Or it's marketing.

I'm not sure which.

:D
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,752
2,594
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
It's all in the pursuit of the perfect bike design.

Or it's marketing.

I'm not sure which.

:D
"Well we added .05 degrees to the head angle, changed the color of the shock bolt, and changed the frame material to be another 1/2 percent aluminum."

You know, it all feels the same to me. :blah:
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
50,794
4,167
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
"Well we added .05 degrees to the head angle, changed the color of the shock bolt, and changed the frame material to be another 1/2 percent aluminum."

You know, it all feels the same to me. :blah:
Yeah.

I'm pretty sure most technological "advantages" are lost on me. :D
 
J

JRB

Guest
I Are Baboon said:
"Well we added .05 degrees to the head angle, changed the color of the shock bolt, and changed the frame material to be another 1/2 percent aluminum."

You know, it all feels the same to me. :blah:
Yeah well - we have been hoping for a new year model of mod, and haven't gotten it, so we will settle with bike improvements for now. :think:
 

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
15,192
0
¡Phoenix!
Sadly, I did not ride the new Stinky. They had a small that was boxed up still, so I "blew a load" on some Race Face upgrades (cranks, post, stem & bar) for the Kikapu, to be installed tonight! The LBS even matched Price Point prices! On the lookout for a Silver Manitou Black, but will see how the MX Comp feels on the mountains first.

Now I'm only tingling...
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
i would buy your stinky.. but as soon as I say i want it you'll probably tell me your selling it to your LBS for store credit or something like that...