Quantcast

i'm writing a paper on Jimmy Eat World

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Must be a short paper, they have like what - 1 song?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
the Inbred said:
it is. 450 words. and even then, it's hard. i don't like anything this band has released.
How, then, did you come to have this assignment with this topic? Least influential bands in history?

J

JRB

I started a thread about them, but I don't recall the song. I learned a valuable lesson that day. I now only start threads to bitch or about religion.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I saw them open for Green Day.

You can narrow the paper down to one word, and it it's not "awesome".

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
jacksonpt said:
How, then, did you come to have this assignment with this topic? Least influential bands in history?
i'm not even going to go into the topic of the essay. it is out there. way out there.

J

JRB

H8R said:
I saw them open for Green Day.

You can narrow the paper down to one word, and it it's not "awesome".
You should edit that to reflect that you have NOT seen Green Day. Trendy turd. :D

It's sad that so many bands started out decent, only to fade. I'm glad Descendents stayed strong throughout. Why not keep a sound if it's good???

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Are you writing a paper about bands that suck? Or just bands that you should never have heard of but MTV intervened and made them popular?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm thinking about ending the paper with "This band sucks. This paper sucks. Please forgive me for subjecting you to this god-awful crap."

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
GumbaFish said:
Are you writing a paper about bands that suck? Or just bands that you should never have heard of but MTV intervened and made them popular?
I saw Jimmy Eat World a couple of years ago when a friend had an extra ticket. Didn't know anything about them except that one popular song they had. I ended up drinking a lot to alleviate my boredom. Really bad show and, to make matters worse, the lead singer was wearing a silk shirt clearly showing that he had man-boobs. We couldn't stop laughing the whole time they were on stage.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
the funny thing is... they are probably the best out of the whole "EMO" crap movement... couldn't you have found more stuff to say about "Fall Out Boy"

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Here's a good conclusion for you:

After listening to JimmyEatWorld's entire catalogue, I can truthfully say that I'd rather play naked twister with the Golden Girls or sew a live rat into my mouth than subject myself to such horrid audio torture. At no point did the band inspire me to do anything other than kill myself in a very painful and grotesque manner, hopefully with children watching. If hell had a soundtrack, these assholes would be playing the credits. They are the musical version of zyklon B. The fact that they have made money selling music makes me want to go on a murderous rampage through suburbia, covering only my unmentionables with a hemisphered canteloupe. Sweet jesus, I hope you die, professor, for subjecting me to this horror.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jimmy Eat World actually has been around for awhile now. I saw them open for Face To Face in SF back in like '98, they were promoting their new album at the time Clarity. They sounded incredible live, in fact I bought their CD which is rare for me to do after having only seen a band live once and not knowing any of their material.

With that said they have gotten quite poppy since then but I still think they are a huge cut above the rest of the current crop of pop music. They have a good message and their music is fun. It is not emo either, Clarity was more so than their newer stuff but none of it ever was really.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Here's a good conclusion for you:

After listening to JimmyEatWorld's entire catalogue, I can truthfully say that I'd rather play naked twister with the Golden Girls or sew a live rat into my mouth than subject myself to such horrid audio torture. At no point did the band inspire me to do anything other than kill myself in a very painful and grotesque manner, hopefully with children watching. If hell had a soundtrack, these assholes would be playing the credits. They are the musical version of zyklon B. The fact that they have made money selling music makes me want to go on a murderous rampage through suburbia, covering only my unmentionables with a hemisphered canteloupe. Sweet jesus, I hope you die, professor, for subjecting me to this horror.

hahahaha - use this.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
They are the musical version of zyklon B
fun factoid: the sole 7" record from The Hugh Beaumont Experience had a song called "zyklon b". this band was known for including King Coffee, later of the Buttholes.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
If only there was make up sex...
The thing that makes me sorta gay is that I like both TN and Laura enough that, while it's a joke, I couldn't ever say that. It's like humping your sister. :nonono: