Quantcast

i'm your huckleberry.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Shuttle bonanza today. Over 20 miles of trail, bout 1000 feet of climbing and at least 6000 feet of downhill xc..... You're a daisy if ya do.

Oly

Yummy yum yum, wild huckleberries, fat ripe and juicy!
Couple of bears grazing. :D

lil panorama

Say when.....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
what a view in that first pic. the best i have personally seen on a ride so far was of boston from the top of ward hill. keep them coming!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dothedew772 said:
that panorama shot is sweet. Is that a full 180 degree view?
Yah almost a 360.... You can see how the road connects. Trail is above Greenwater Washington, the panorama starts looking Southwest, the Ridge we're on is Huckleberry Mountain Ridge, and mountains are all within the Cascade Range, most notably and obvious Mt. Rainier, at 14,409 feet. We're about 4 to 5 thousand feet up in the pic.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Oh yah if you notice the dark smoke haze in the middle of the panorama, there's a fire going on at Cle Elum, which is quite a ways away from Greenwater.

*edit* and the dark smoke towards the beginning of the panorama is smog from Seattle.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dude, pictures like that make me giggly, then angry that I'm in DC. Without much access to bike at the moment.

MD

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Skookum said:
One more shuttle ride today. i'm burnt man.
OK, I've been debating this for a while, but after this picture I've decided that I HAVE ridden with you a couple years ago on Galbraith with David and Judd.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco said:
Texas sucks. :( Nice pics, Skooks.
i was telling Oly that i respect alot of monkeys more than me, in your dedication to cycling. It's a little bit easier in a sense for me with mountains around. At least the views and downhill anyways. ;) Climbing em is definately an acquired taste however. Even within all three shuttle rides i had a fair amount of climbing 2500 feet or so, but i must confess i descended well over 9000 feet of DH.

MikeD said:
Dude, pictures like that make me giggly, then angry that I'm in DC. Without much access to bike at the moment.

MD
i regret not being able to show you the "real" goods during your visit years back. Winter time riding is tough, maybe someday.

oly said:
How was shuttle #2? I think you have to go do a 40 mile XC epic to repay the gods.......
Dude it was too much. Alot of cool singletrack climbing and killer views. But i screwed up alot of camera shots i'm pretty pissed about that. When we finally got to the 8 mile stretch of trail called Bishops Ridge it was the true definition of gnar core. A typical ridge ride of up and down for about 3 miles, then it drops and you get 4 miles of rutted rock garden descent, until finally the final mile calms down a bit. Seriously the longest extended toughest rock section i have ever ridden in my life. See my picture? Now imagine 4 more miles of that. i don't know if i'll ride that trail again ever, it's tooooo much! haha. But views of Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier with some other promising trails and possible loops, i'm pretty excited about exploring the area. But alot of moto-bikes, so unfortunately alot of ruts, and alot of stirred up rocks.
i climbed up to and spooked a herd of elk and they split and thundered in the trees past me. it was awesome hearing and feeling them shake the earth as they dispersed before me.

splat said:
SO how is the new frame working out ? can you notice a difference ?
Not really, same ole frame but very red! haha. It does feel a little lighter but i also got a new wheelset and i'm running whimpy 2.0 Kenda Karma's. i know the frame is a little lighter, but i'm running sun singletracks and i'm inclined to think i'm feeling it there moreso than the frame. i'm actually sketching out alot because of the tires, but it's making riding kinda fun and exciting since i'm crashing/washing/sketching out alot more with them haha.

kinghami3 said:
OK, I've been debating this for a while, but after this picture I've decided that I HAVE ridden with you a couple years ago on Galbraith with David and Judd.
No that was my evil stunt double. Make sure if you see him again to tell him he owes me money still.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Calm before the storm on Bishop.

Posin on Blue Lake Ridge, Mt. Adams in the background. Many people mistake Adams for Mt. Rainier, even people who've lived here for years haha.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
MikeD said:

MD
the fact that you deal with that traffic on a daily basis and haven't shot anyone yet makes you a saint!

i'd have to make HIGH 6 figures before i'd even THINK about getting anywhere near that god forsaken place