Quantcast

Image conversion s/w

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
IrfanView is a really awesome free utility that'll do batch conversions if imagemagick doesn't work for whatever reason. I use IrfanView for all of my image viewing and every single one of my friends & family use it on my recommendation.

http://www.irfanview.com

Good luck, there are lots of good utilities out there that will do what you need :thumb:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just downloaded that. Its a nice program. It would be good for viewing/looking through images and doing quick/simple stuff, that I don't need photoshop for.

Thanks for posting it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mtnbrider said:
I just downloaded that. Its a nice program. It would be good for viewing/looking through images and doing quick/simple stuff, that I don't need photoshop for.

Thanks for posting it.
I sent the guy a few bucks to continue development of it. I think it is, bar none, the best image viewing program available. Comprehensive options for viewing images, super fast, and it's got a keyboard shortcut for everything.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
binary visions said:
IrfanView is a really awesome free utility that'll do batch conversions if imagemagick doesn't work for whatever reason. I use IrfanView for all of my image viewing and every single one of my friends & family use it on my recommendation.

http://www.irfanview.com

Good luck, there are lots of good utilities out there that will do what you need :thumb:
The one problem with ImageMagick is the batch processing. If you are running it on an linux/unix system (the ultimate in "batch processing"), then it is no problem.

I might give this irfanview a try if you are going to run it on the PC. Unless you are going to have Mr. Amydalayna click on all the pictures as part of his "physical therapy".

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
I might give this irfanview a try if you are going to run it on the PC. Unless you are going to have Mr. Amydalayna click on all the pictures as part of his "physical therapy".
I'll check it out. Mr.Amydalayna is having a blast learning to do all his CAD work left-handed, not sure he wanted to do some image conversion for me though.