Quantcast

Image of females at Sea Otter

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
they are all to skinny for me.my women have to be shaped like women and not like 14 year old boys with implants.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Man....

Well, I guess it was inevitable. Here comes the T&A PR parade.

Here at Penn State there is a girl that was a really good friend of mine who used to be in Playboy. She is NOT a girly-girl but really down to earth, and articulate - which makes her a relative anomaly in that sense. From what I have seen and know from hanging out with her, a lot of these girls you see in the pics are models for hire, - not like Ford Models, but not exactly strippers either... although some are from time to time. I went with my friend one time around campus when she was recruiting for Playboy, and it's pretty random sometimes - you put up fliers, and see who shows up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore - it was an interesting peek inside a world not a lot of people get to see, but I don't know... using some of the most base aspects of ourselves as a marketing tool (and in effect treating a person as an object, whether it is voluntary or not) bugs me. Would it kill a sports group to just ONCE, leave the T&A at the door?

Yeah, sex sells and I'm sure all the marketing guys at SRAM and SantaCruz aren't oblivious to that fact, but I don't really think that this type of marketing is helpful to our sport.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
S.K.C. said:
Man....

Well, I guess it was inevitable. Here comes the T&A PR parade.

Here at Penn State there is a girl that was a really good friend of mine who used to be in Playboy. She is NOT a girly-girl but really down to earth, and articulate - which makes her a relative anomaly in that sense. From what I have seen and know from hanging out with her, a lot of these girls you see in the pics are models for hire, - not like Ford Models, but not exactly strippers either... although some are from time to time. I went with my friend one time around campus when she was recruiting for Playboy, and it's pretty random sometimes - you put up fliers, and see who shows up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore - it was an interesting peek inside a world not a lot of people get to see, but I don't know... using some of the most base aspects of ourselves as a marketing tool (and in effect treating a person as an object, whether it is voluntary or not) bugs me. Would it kill a sports group to just ONCE, leave the T&A at the door?

Yeah, sex sells and I'm sure all the marketing guys at SRAM and SantaCruz aren't oblivious to that fact, but I don't really think that this type of marketing is helpful to our sport.
Not sure how much it's a trend or if it's just tradition. I was at Westec a few weeks back and there were 'hot chicks' at most of the booths. Cars can be sexy in and of themselves so I can kind of understand it at the car shows but at a machine tool show? It was odd and after they gave me their little memorized schpeal, my first question about the machine/software/etc usually dead ended the conversation to, "Can I swipe your card and have someone call you?"
It became entertainment since it was happening so often.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
amydalayna said:
that is silliness.
there was a girl in my class with a bit too much eye makeup on and when we were taking the shuttle back up after the race, she had some racoon eye action going on.
Was she wearing a grey and black race kit?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
sanjuro said:
The Asian girl, who I also fancy, was a SRAM girl. Here is a pic of the Santa Cruz girls with some dudes who snuck into the picture:

She's not in that one. She was sporting a Syndicate jersey, and actually riding. I saw her on the DH course, and I was smitten on the spot.

Though I must say thanks for that pic. Made me grin ear to ear.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Now I am confused. Short girls are bad?

I'm a whopping 5'10", and honestly the tallest woman I have ever been with was my wife (5'6"). How else can I still feel in charge when they're rocking 6" platforms?

xgirrrrl

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Tahoe! , Baby!
I dont have any problem with the chicks in skimpy clothes at bike races. I can look just as hot.
And I know I could leave their asses in the dust while on my downhill bike, looking all hot and sexy in my body armor

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Tattooo said:
Now I am confused. Short girls are bad?

I'm a whopping 5'10", and honestly the tallest woman I have ever been with was my wife (5'6"). How else can I still feel in charge when they're rocking 6" platforms?

I never said short girls are bad.

Sht. Just about every girl is short compared to me (5'11"). I get to feeling weird when there are taller women....I'm not used to it.

6" platforms. I want some.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
xgirrrrl said:
I dont have any problem with the chicks in skimpy clothes at bike races. I can look just as hot.
And I know I could leave their asses in the dust while on my downhill bike, looking all hot and sexy in my body armor

somebody's gonna want pics soon.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
xgirrrrl said:

Yea, I have to second the idea of hot chicks in body armor shots.

Or maybe its time for the "Girls of the Monkey" Calendar...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
MudGrrl said:
I never said short girls are bad.

Sht. Just about every girl is short compared to me (5'11"). I get to feeling weird when there are taller women....I'm not used to it.

6" platforms. I want some.
5'11" + 6" of heels. I think I might be in love again for the third time this week. Can you do that, with a skimpy bottom and your body armor unzipped down about 3/4 of the way with nothing under?

I might be getting in trouble again. Oh well, what would Lynrd Skynrd do?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...see?

This is the kind of attention you ladies attract when you want to show off the goods too much.

What would Lynrd Skynrd do?

A case of Jack Daniels, half a ki of blow, half a bottle of Centrum Silver, a few hookers, and then black out in a puddle of their own urine.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
skatetokil said:
while i would much rather spend time with a chick who rides, i just spent like 10 min getting lost in their silky asses
You must be seeing things.

I don't see any ass in that picture.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Ok, so thanks for posting this AmyDalayna. :)

This is ridiculous! I'm really disappointed and thought that SC had more class than that! Good thing I'm going with the Rotec DH bike instead of the V10. Well, us Mudhunnies should be extremely glad that in addition to being hot, we also have fun and lead meaningful adventureous lives. Those girls had to have felt so out of place. Although I'm sure the guys enjoyed the eye candy, I think that most would have rather talked to sales guys about parts. And the single guys would much rather have a high demand mountain bike chick than some trophy chick that will get old after about 5 seconds. Maybe we just need more girl riders out there so that our races don't get polluted with this crap.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, here are two positive images of women at Sea Otter: Amy accepting her medal for placing in the sport downhill.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Good Job Amy!! BTW, I really like those shorts! I've only seen them in the catalog, but they are very flattering on!

The best way to change the bad images of females at these events, is to make a lot more good ones like this!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
thanks everyone! this made me smile this morning!

i'm still blushing.

and i'm excited everyone digs the shorts. my husband said they were a bit flashy, but what does he know?

i think more girls should be out there racing. regardless of how they do. it's a good way of just saying that we can stand up to the challenge. i'm one of the world's most nervous racers out there, but i'll keep going just so i can get over the scariness factor. i think i would go to more if it wasn't so expensive and time consuming.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
did anyone notice where peaty has his hands? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the balled fist says so much!!
You can't see his hands, it's the model to his left. Look at the sleeve.

I can't believe nobodies posted the "this threads worthless w/o pics!":picsstfu: