Quantcast

image/ photoshop/ paintshop pro help

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
okie, so i have a rectangle, and i'm trying to get some diagonals that are parallel, at an angle of about 40* and 320*. is there an easy way to do this using either PS or PSP? i have access to both, but am more familiar with PSP.

i'm trying to recreate an argyle design for a project, and am having a bitch of a time trying to get this.

todbanner

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
can't help you with your problem... but what i can tell you is you have a frame named after you...

May I present you with the OnOne single speed Inbred?!

Attachments

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
todbanner said:
can't help you with your problem... but what i can tell you is you have a frame named after you...

May I present you with the OnOne single speed Inbred?!
yep yep, the only bike i've kept for more than 2yrs. going on 5, actually. an 853 version, too.

thanks, transcend.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Is the problem creating lines that are the correct angle? If so...

In Photoshop 7:

Under the Window menu, make sure Options is selected

In a new layer, draw a horizontal line as pixels. Hold down the shift key as you do it, so it constrains it to 0*.

Select the line by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking its layer

Go to the Edit menu, select Transform, then Rotate.

Underneith the top menu should appear transformation options. There is an option to manually enter degrees of rotation.

Once you've got one line rotated to the degree you want it, simply duplicate the layer.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
the Inbred said:
okie, so i have a rectangle, and i'm trying to get some diagonals that are parallel, at an angle of about 40* and 320*. is there an easy way to do this using either PS or PSP? i have access to both, but am more familiar with PSP.

i'm trying to recreate an argyle design for a project, and am having a bitch of a time trying to get this.
Illustrator.

I never draw lines in PS.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
golgiaparatus said:
Illustrator.

I never draw lines in PS.
only not everyone owns the full cs suite. If he has PS then explain how to do it in photoshop, don't say use illustrator (which is clearly superior for vector art - but probably NOT for making web banners).

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Transcend said:
only not everyone owns the full cs suite. If he has PS then explain how to do it in photoshop, don't say use illustrator (which is clearly superior for vector art - but probably NOT for making web banners).
1. Select line tool...
2. Draw line
3. select paths pallette
4. push stroke button
5. cmd A
6. cmd C
7. Cmd V
8. place new line
9. repeat 5-8 until all lines are drawn
10. select top most layer
11. cmd E (x 4)

extra credit

12. go to comp usa and buy illustrator
13. weep on way home because you still dont have a program that can manage type for sh!t