Quantcast

Images of the 06 Iron horse bikes

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
YAH the yakuza's arn't coming with the floaters. they were such junk. falling apart sooo easily. maybe even cheaper bike too.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice line up all the way through - hopefully quality control with suppliers (shocks) will be a lot better for 2006. That Mkiii expert with the Pike air up front is super nice looking! The Sundays look amazing and the 7 point 9 looks stellar too.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
serioulsy not a fan of the colours
ill be trying to get a Sunday Elite
but damn it looks pretty ugly :(
i hardly like the look (colourwise) of any of their bikes

i dont care what ppl say but the Sunday WC is ugly

but the spec is right (most of it for me anyway)

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Yep it looks like a 2006 Super-T on the 2006 Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho.

I thought they stopped making the Super-T in 2005 ?
Or is this a 2004 with a NON Qr20-system and somekind of a special OEM for IH ?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mtnbrider said:
Those look awsome. THe 7.9 white is so cool with the white fork.
I agree as well, I am thinking that might be my next bike, ( I had plans for the new trek session) but I am liking the looks of that. I hope the industry doesnt overdue the white thing, first diety with the bars (which i own) then race face with the copy cats, now zoch with the team stuff...White is the best color IMO though, always looks new even when it is muddy as sh1t.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
That's it.......it's official. The 7point9 is now at the top of my Christmas List (with a PS3 pulling in the silver). Now I just have to convince the wife to get it for me!!!!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Reading this thread could you imagine how tough it is to be product manager. All you facks want different things. ;)
I love that Monster green color, and I can't tell by the pic, but on the Sunday Elite, that is a Zoke color and it looks great in person on their forks. The MKIII's look way better as well.
But honestly, you forget about the color after a week, and then it is all about the ride. :dancing:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
blt2ride said:
The Elite looks like it is the one for me. I would much rather have a 888 than a Boxxer...
Clearly great minds think alike :thumb:

I'll take a Sunday Elite with a side of gnarly trails please :heart: That smokey gray finish is hot

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
Senôr Lopez said:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
That's it.......it's official. The 7point9 is now at the top of my Christmas List (with a PS3 pulling in the silver). Now I just have to convince the wife to get it for me!!!!
Might as well replace that PS3 with an XBOX360 because there is no way the PS3 is coming out for the christmas season and it is also looking like its going to cost over 500 dollars

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
anyone know details about any improvements to the 7 point frames and the mk III frames? I heard that the mk III was going to lose some weight...

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
All the colors look fine, I'm wondering about the brakes? Is Hayes definetely gonna give up on El Caminos? So now they're spec'ing Mags? Wtf?

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
Cwilly006 said:
Might as well replace that PS3 with an XBOX360 because there is no way the PS3 is coming out for the christmas season and it is also looking like its going to cost over 500 dollars
That 7point 7 and 9 are illmatic. I wanted to get a point 7 this year, but the funds weren't there. Now, after seeing these pics, I'm glad they weren't.

The PS3 isn't coming out until around June 06, they say. Xbox360 is $400.00 for the premium package, and $300.00 for the core. It is being released in November 05. The core package isn't even worth getting, when compared to what you get with the premium.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
So I would get a Sunday Elite if I raced and did strictly DH, but I do some FR...

Which leads me to the perfect bike: The 7point9. Just to let whoever may browse over this post know, I would buy one if the toptube were straight. I have the money and the build is spot-on for me, but I hate hate hate the curve of it and it is the only reason I'm not (yes, I'm vain, I know).

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
CBJ said:
Don't let a curved TT ruin your chance to ride a great bike and it looks better in real life.
Exactly!

One of my friends got a 7point5 recently and we went riding with us last weekend. I was very impressed with the frame size and feel of the bike.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
CBJ said:
Don't let a curved TT ruin your chance to ride a great bike and it looks better in real life.
I've seen and ridden the 7points in real life, and although the bike is almost perfect, I still hate the looks of the curved toptube. There's just something about it, kind of how I don't like KHS or Specialized for no particular rhime or reason either... (don't misread this, I like Iron Horse, just not the toptubes on the 7points).

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Anyone know what shock the Sunday Factory will ship with? Last I heard it will still be the 5th coil, is this still the case? Are the framesets still going to be provided with hub, seatpost and headset?