Quantcast

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Found what's likely the sole surviving biz card from 2000 - my second last year in the bike industry...

What have you got that's like it?

Job?

Biz?

not crashing your bike, doods - we've all done that and likely will again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I miss Stratos, but I guess I am the only one.

I still have a box of pens from my days as a tow driver, does that count? I have a coffee cup from all the places I've worked as well.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Oh, I thought you wanted pictures of us when we were high school kids or something... so I'll post one... just to get this ball rolling. This is gonna' get INTERESTING.

I'm the guy sitting in the wagon. WhyTF did I have to be the one sitting in the wagon?

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
My very first job was teaching kids how to shoot rifles and shot guns...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one of the little tikes (now older and angrier) shows up in the news. Fate will probably serve me some justice. Too bad I can't find the picture of me posing with a .50 cal muzzle loader...but I'm sure it'll surface if I'm ever convicted of anything.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I miss Stratos, but I guess I am the only one.

I still have a box of pens from my days as a tow driver, does that count? I have a coffee cup from all the places I've worked as well.
I miss the Heyday... but not the Fallout...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Oh, I thought you wanted pictures of us when we were high school kids or something... so I'll post one... just to get this ball rolling. This is gonna' get INTERESTING.

I'm the guy sitting in the wagon. WhyTF did I have to be the one sitting in the wagon?

um...

...cuz you had a crush on the chick in the driver's seat?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I miss the Heyday... but not the Fallout...
Seriously, no doubt about that.

I had an FR4 on my Azonic DS1, an MX6 on my Stinky, and an LR1 on my Bullit.

I still say the LR1 was my favorite all around fork. The lockout allowed me to climb to the top rather than push. And I hate to climb. I had full steering radius too (not to mention the black looked awesome).

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Seriously, no doubt about that.

I had an FR4 on my Azonic DS1, an MX6 on my Stinky, and an LR1 on my Bullit.

I still say the LR1 was my favorite all around fork. The lockout allowed me to climb to the top rather than push. And I hate to climb. I had full steering radius too (not to mention the black looked awesome).
I rode all of the 98-2000 products, but i loved the '97 Superstar 6 - the most over built and over machined fork of all time.

i'd die for one, now... just as a wall ornament.

well, maybe not 'die'... but it's in the ball park.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
you were Stratos?? I remember those shocks on diamondbacks, one even had a cool lockout. Those were great products.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
you were Stratos?? I remember those shocks on diamondbacks, one even had a cool lockout. Those were great products.
I had a DBR X-10 with fully extruded "Anodize, Inc." front end and a Helix Pro rear shock with lockout - a perk at that time of being in the industry.

Likely the best FS 'Black Diamond' whatever all purpose rig I ever had...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I still have a custom 6" travel Helix Pro on my Schwinn straight 6 that Randoph set up for me in 99...still have the bike too

as for pics 82 I believe on the deck of Truth Aquatics [out of SB] "the Vision" off San Clemente Island

and mid 80's

the 90's

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Manimal looked like teh Jeebus!! :D
my mom used to call me "chubby jesus" ;) :D

that was my transition haircut from the grunge era into the metalcore age. i couldn't imaging having it all shaved by some dude in boot came so i had my friend give me a mohawk the day before i left...it stood up about a foot :thumb: the drill instructor was not amused and made me dry shave my facial hair on the bus :twitch:

i found another one...
circa 1999, USS Boxer, somewhere in the Gulf. boredom hit hard (see the tape holding the cans...i thought it was rather genius at the time ;) )

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

I dated a girl who went to school there, it was off of Camden back then.