Quantcast

IMBA Freeride Grant (X-post from DH)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I posted over there, hope you get something goin, if ya need some help lemme know when.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Everything will be built at Walnut Creek, and we're sitting down for a meeting with the County on Friday to get formal approval. We'll also hopefully get some idea how 'big' we can go. We've had a very good relationship with the County, and they haven't said no to any of our previous suggestions/propositions for trail building. In fact, they brought up the idea of a freeride park to us believe it or not.

So after some brainstorming last night about what we're planning on proposing, we decided on a mix of dirt jumps, pressure treated wood stunts/practice area, and some berms and obstacles on select trails. The DJ's and practice area will be built in more or less a field with a slight grade, so not tucked back in the woods. It will be out of the way enough that you'll need to make an effort to get there, so you can't just stumble onto it and get hurt. To start with, everything will be at a beginner to moderate experience level (no huge DJ's, no huge drops). The plan being that after successful implementation we'll build a good reputation and be able to make more advanced things.

Could you guys help out by showing some examples of such? I know I've seen some great pictures of dirtjumps, nice medium size built stunts, and some good wooden practice areas. I've got the IMBA freeride guide, but the more pictures the better. I'd really like to give clear, solid examples of what we're going to build.

Thanks