Quantcast

IMBA trail School

splat

Nam I am
Today Was a busy day of trail school.

We first met had a talk , about what were were going to be doing and all that .

First was to Unload the tools and get them to wear we would be working.

Next we all grabbed a hunk of rock and Guy From IMBA discussed various things.

( Scott from IMBA Lower right , PK standing against tree , lower Left )

We had 2 main areas we were working. and with the Heavy rains we have been having we discovered a Drainage stream runs right behind one of our stunts , well thre suppose to be a Hip jump off that rock, but that would land you right in the middle of the water , so , we are making thins a Huge Berm now. Ment we had to rip up the old approach on the right , while other were harvesting rock to build up the other side.

and the other section we were working on a Part of trail that is just soo soo nasty and just not fun that people have been cutting all sort of "ribbons" so we closed thos down did a re-route and created a New way. Hopefully this will fix this problem.

And since I wasso busy I didn't take many Pics. and of course toward the end the rains moved in.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Trail school is always fun. I sure am jealous of that NEMBA trailer. That is SOOO cool. All our stuff fits in the back of a truck.

geargrrl

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
great post Splat!

Trail work is always good. Sustainable design is important, and IMBA is one of the few bodies that promotes it propperly. I don't always agree that you have to carry clinometers into the woods to map out a course (as was suggested by our local IMBA folks) but they do have the right idea.

good for you, and the community!