Quantcast

Immigration rallies

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I work in the Oregon Capitol, and there will be a rally right outside our building. Its kind of funny that they are fighting to become citizens, but all of their signs are in Spanish :crazy: Maybe they'll riot, that would be entertaining to see from my our building.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
throw a bunch of lotto tickets out the window for some firestarter

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
When i see the banquet halls and colluseums on the news filled with brand new citizens waving flags, i'm truly proud of them and my country. I see all kinda of people in those crowns. Its not all Mexican, not even close. I feel like they have been vetted and earned my respect and i feel that they are loyal to America.

But these damn Cinco de Mayo rallies full of takers really piss me off. I wish they would STFU, get to the back of the line, pay your dues, learn english and be loyal Americans. If you are not willing to do that, you need to be herded like the cattle you are are dropped off outside the country line.

If they get in easy, they will not respect our country. Same theory as your parents GIVING you your first car or you having to earn and buy it yourself. Its the same thing.

The naturalization process needs to be a difficult process to weed out the people who would not make good, productive citizens.

Most of these people are not the building blocks you want as a foundation of a country. The sheer numbers of these takers is astounding. Most importantly is their lackadaisical attitude and unloyal attitude towards AMerica. These people dont give a shlt about America. They want to create Mexico on this side of the border. Their attitude will drown out your childrens voice in the years to come. Little bobby from the 'berbs will be learning english as a second language at this rate.

All black, brown and white Americans need to take this matter seriously. Its truly F'd up.

joel

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When i see the banquet halls and colluseums on the news filled with brand new citizens waving flags, i'm truly proud of them and my country. I see all kinda of people in those crowns. Its not all Mexican, not even close. I feel like they have been vetted and earned my respect and i feel that they are loyal to America.

But these damn Cinco de Mayo rallies full of takers really piss me off. I wish they would STFU, get to the back of the line, pay your dues, learn english and be loyal Americans. If you are not willing to do that, you need to be herded like the cattle you are are dropped off outside the country line.

If they get in easy, they will not respect our country. Same theory as your parents GIVING you your first car or you having to earn and buy it yourself. Its the same thing.

The naturalization process needs to be a difficult process to weed out the people who would not make good, productive citizens.

Most of these people are not the building blocks you want as a foundation of a country. The sheer numbers of these takers is astounding. Most importantly is their lackadaisical attitude and unloyal attitude towards AMerica. These people dont give a shlt about America. They want to create Mexico on this side of the border. Their attitude will drown out your childrens voice in the years to come. Little bobby from the 'berbs will be learning english as a second language at this rate.

All black, brown and white Americans need to take this matter seriously. Its truly F'd up.

joel
Yeah! They should work for it like our ancestors did. Give us some pox blankets and call it a day.

Like Reverend Wright said, unless you're a Native American, you're an immigrant too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Immigration Rally? Is that like 20 people jammed into an STI speeding for the boarder on a dirt road?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Except that indians had no formal govt, no formal claim to the land... big difference between immigrant and illegal immigrant.
Yeah of course they didn't have a "formal" claim in the eyes of the people who draw up the formalities. :clue:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yeah of course they didn't have a "formal" claim in the eyes of the people who draw up the formalities. :clue:
Yep those injuns had no gubment, all just running around half neked like the heathens they were.
Hey, they lost the war like every human 'civilization' on the planet has done to others or had done to them.

I'm just pointing out that there is a difference between "illegal" and not.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey, they lost the war like every human 'civilization' on the planet has done to others or had done to them.

I'm just pointing out that there is a difference between "illegal" and not.
It's funny you mention war, because I don't recall there actually being a "formal" one declared against "the indians."
Most of the land grab came to fruition because settlers ILLEGALLY homesteaded on indian lands, and then the gov't later backed them up with firepower when they were confronted.
Also, the constant reneges of "formal" treaties by the US gov't would pretty much be seen as illegal in any objective arena too.

Just sayin'

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
It's funny you mention war, because I don't recall there actually being a "formal" one declared against "the indians."
Most of the land grab came to fruition because settlers ILLEGALLY homesteaded on indian lands, and then the gov't later backed them up with firepower when they were confronted.
Also, the constant reneges of "formal" treaties by the US gov't would pretty much be seen as illegal in any objective arena too.

Just sayin'
and just how did they get it?

also, just sayin'

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

Just sayin'
Yeah, umm, don't care.

There is a formal and KNOWN process for entering this country.

Hey look, that guy's boning an elephant.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Except that indians had no formal govt, no formal claim to the land... big difference between immigrant and illegal immigrant.
Because the reality is NOBODY owns land. You can claim the land, you can pay someone to say it's yours, but you can't own land.

The Indians understood that concept.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
imagine no possessions...

edit: point is, if you can't own the land, you can't own the trees either. so how do carpenters morally conduct business? see where i'm going w/ that (or won't allow you to go w/ that?)?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Nothing like a thread like this to bring out that pent up rascism eh?
Seriously.

Some of you guys need to step back for a minute and remember that what America is has changed quite a bit since its creation. There's no underlying identity of "American" that we all need to think about hard enough so we can latch onto it. It's in flux and self-defined, constantly changing. Every time a new immigrant group comes in, there's resistance and fear. It happened with Eastern Europeans, Irish, Chinese and other Asians and now Mexicans and Central Americans.

Also, regarding Indian land claims and all, there's all sorts of ways to justify genocide. Not that every Indian action was utterly innocent, but white Europeans came to the Americas, killed their way into power on a scale that Indian battles never reached before and then took the remainder and decided to treat them as second-class citizens for the rest of their lives. Great. Glad to see how awesome that worked out for Native Americans, who lost most of their religion, culture, language and population. Saying they had no "formal" claim to the land is absurd and imperialistic; as noted by someone else, the concept would have been unintelligeble to many Indians.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

joel
I got here legally, and I ****ing hate America...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Every time a new immigrant group comes in, there's resistance and fear. It happened with Eastern Europeans, Irish, Chinese and other Asians and now Mexicans and Central Americans.
back then there was a great deal more ignorance & fear, yet it happened legally. today, while there is ignorance & fear, the greater concern is the capricious, flippant, cavalier, & selfish attitude of the illegal immigrants, whose numbers are stunningly excessive.
Not that every Indian action was utterly innocent, but white Europeans came to the Americas, killed their way into power on a scale that Indian battles never reached before and then took the remainder and decided to treat them as second-class citizens for the rest of their lives.
not sure what you're saying here...is it that there are both good & bad natives (i agree), yet all europeans sought the natives' extermination (even implicitly)?
Saying they had no "formal" claim to the land is absurd and imperialistic; as noted by someone else, the concept would have been unintelligeble to many Indians.
do you think the white man held their hand & taught them a whole new concept known as land ownership/claims? essentially, your white guilt can be reduced to feeling sorry for any loser in a battle b/c they were out-armed, out-witted, out-numbered, out-educated, etc.

but isn't it always this way?