Quantcast

Impeachment Saturday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dog twitching woke me up. Just checked the news. BOOM! Rolling back to sleep with a grin.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
about as fucking stupid as impeaching clinton......really....

that

fucking

stupid
Now that I'm awake... Either do it or don't. File the articles of impeachment or don't. Stop talking about it. The emoulments clause was enough. I'm pretty sure Russia is just pushing for the US to fall into a Civil War again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mountain Lion soon.

need to stop signing up for extra shifts after a full day. Yesterday was long. Money is only worth so much, although eventually it will buy me time.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dawn patrol ride complete.
Hero dirt, felt surprisingly strong and ready to do it all again tomorrow.
Now taking dogs swimming in harbor and giving the ‘shed a thrashing before heading to a family reunion I really want to avoid.
Lobstah for dinner.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Doing last-minute repairs to the camper, packing everything up, throwing the dogs in the truck and the bikes on the hitch rack… And heading to Montana.

:banana:

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Parents were visiting all week so no riding was had. Was good to see them and show them around Asheville. Wife and me are now cleaning house. Holy shit their Great Pyrenees sheds like a mother. Big mountain ride with wife will happen tomorrow. Now time to finish the leftovers for lunch and maybe hit the shed to unwind.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Doing last-minute repairs to the camper, packing everything up, throwing the dogs in the truck and the bikes on the hitch rack… And heading to Montana.

:banana:
I'm sure you have your rides/camping sussed out by now, but happy to offer up some suggestions depending on where you're heading...

To wit if you're looking to splurge on a pay site, I'd be willing to drag a kayak or SUP over to Cliff Lake and try to grab one of the 6 "God" spots for you at Cliff Point Campground which usually requires lucking into a Weds or Thurs 9 AM turnover...

images.jpeg

ETA: 20 mins from the best riding in the Lionhead/Henry's Mtn

Boating/rope swinging there tomorrow for some family R&R, closest thing to the Caribbean we have and my happy place...

My other favorite pay camping spot is Island Lake near the top of the Beartooth Hwy:

images (1).jpeg

(Headed there in 2 weeks)

ETA: <15 mins from Line Creek Plateau trailhead (epic shuttle, threatened by W) and across street from Morrison Jeep Trail (?) which I haven't done yet but is a rowdy, super long downhill shuttle...

***Avoid BZN at all costs during Sweet Pea Festival (music, arts and crafts) 8/2-4***

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm sure you have your rides/camping sussed out by now, but happy to offer up some suggestions depending on where you're heading...
We actually don’t have much of a plan yet, life has been too hectic. We’re kinda taking the western route up to MT, through Idaho Falls, heading for the Missoula area first. Probably on the road for a day or two, we’ll figure some stuff out on the drive. I’ll likely ping you for suggestions. I might even still have your cell number, which would be great.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Parents were visiting all week so no riding was had. Was good to see them and show them around Asheville. Wife and me are now cleaning house. Holy shit their Great Pyrenees sheds like a mother. Big mountain ride with wife will happen tomorrow. Now time to finish the leftovers for lunch and maybe hit the shed to unwind.
hit the "new" and "improved" upper black and report back, willya?

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
hit the "new" and "improved" upper black and report back, willya?
Hit it last weekend. ‘‘Twas ok. I liked the old unpolished Black better, but the rework should bed in soon enough. It’s only a short section down to Club Gap. They created berms and some drops and doubles. It’s SUPER fast and will definitely create a conflict if people go up while others are descending. Tread is pretty smooth currently. Go over to MTBR and there is a big post on it. Holy shit people need to get over the work and just ride the thing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I decided to tag along with the wife on her ride since she likes having company on those things. So, 110 hilly miles done. 5600' of climbing that was basically all in the middle 20 miles. We don't have mountains, but we've got some pretty tough friggin hills.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We actually don’t have much of a plan yet, life has been too hectic. We’re kinda taking the western route up to MT, through Idaho Falls, heading for the Missoula area first. Probably on the road for a day or two, we’ll figure some stuff out on the drive. I’ll likely ping you for suggestions. I might even still have your cell number, which would be great.
I would recommend Lucy's in Idaho Falls

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Skipped out on smooth rock for chunky rock. Wasn't my decision, had fun anyways. :D

Also got some new Allen keys. As I somehow lost the 6mm from both of my other sets. Oh well, new tools to play with yay.

The bike felt like poo today though on those chunky trails. Have only ridden smooth fast trails for last two weeks. Fork was way too soft for hitting stuff, it just wanted to collapse and stop the bike.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Que?

Hopefully not smoothed out... Black is one of my all time favorite trails, from the very top.
They're talking about going left onto Black from the looong gravel climb. And apparently it's a fairly short section. I do believe though that there has been some work done on the other section of Black to the right.

As much as I hate dirt sidewalks in the woods, there needs to be repairs done. The trails up there change so fast with all the traffic and rain. Last time down Avery Creek I had to check my speed in several spots as it was a bit much for 140 mm. where as the year before I could pin it down that trail.

But my guess is that no matter what they do to those trails they will eventually revert back to gnar. Gravity, water and time have few equals when it comes to moving mountains.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
They're talking about going left onto Black from the looong gravel climb. And apparently it's a fairly short section. I do believe though that there has been some work done on the other section of Black to the right.

As much as I hate dirt sidewalks in the woods, there needs to be repairs done. The trails up there change so fast with all the traffic and rain. Last time down Avery Creek I had to check my speed in several spots as it was a bit much for 140 mm. where as the year before I could pin it down that trail.

But my guess is that no matter what they do to those trails they will eventually revert back to gnar. Gravity, water and time have few equals when it comes to moving mountains.
They are reworking Avery as well from Club Gap down.:disgust:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I rode down Black twice in one week on my 125mm Scout. Yeah with a bike like that you can't plow the trail, but that's also no reason to plow the trail smooth... but yeah I get you on the erosion part.

I liked the trail as it was. But also didn't ride it after your guys latest monsoon season.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
They are reworking Avery as well from Club Gap down.:disgust:
last year a local told me that Trace was running about how Avery was in the years prior. Checked it out and he was right. Very chunky and stupid fast. Way rougher than when I lived there ('01-'06).

Been thinking about riding from Trace Ridge trailhead over to Bent Creek and hitting Trace on the way back.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I rode down Black twice in one week on my 125mm Scout. Yeah with a bike like that you can't plow the trail, but that's also no reason to plow the trail smooth... but yeah I get you on the erosion part.

I liked the trail as it was. But also didn't ride it after your guys latest monsoon season.
Personally I'd be fine with steep rock and root filled ruts that can easily swallow a wheel and spit out fresh recyclable metal. But they either get fixed or the Forest Service permanently closes them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Okay real bike question. With the Shimano brake lines: does anyone know if the brake line is the same across the entire line? The XTR brakes off of wifey's Yeti are too short for the new Trek, but the deore brakes are just fine. I want to try and pillage the line to carry them across.

Also with older Fox Float 32 forks: do you need any specific spacers or any internal changes to drop the fork travel from 100mm to 80mm? I know it's the same fork, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Okay real bike question. With the Shimano brake lines: does anyone know if the brake line is the same across the entire line? The XTR brakes off of wifey's Yeti are too short for the new Trek, but the deore brakes are just fine. I want to try and pillage the line to carry them across.

Also with older Fox Float 32 forks: do you need any specific spacers or any internal changes to drop the fork travel from 100mm to 80mm? I know it's the same fork, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks
Just order a set of fresh brake lines so she gets the XTR.

"deore", so un-monocle...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm cheap and would prefer to save the world by not wasting re-usable shit. I can take the XTR lines over to the deore because they are going onto Haley's (at least the front)