Quantcast

Impeachment Saturday GMT

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Okay real bike question. With the Shimano brake lines: does anyone know if the brake line is the same across the entire line? The XTR brakes off of wifey's Yeti are too short for the new Trek, but the deore brakes are just fine. I want to try and pillage the line to carry them across.

Also with older Fox Float 32 forks: do you need any specific spacers or any internal changes to drop the fork travel from 100mm to 80mm? I know it's the same fork, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks
The brake lines will work, whether or not they're actually different? Meh. They're all mineral oil.

What year float 32? Is there a 4 digit ID code on the lowers?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
And some of those trails are about to get some work as well.

Schoolhouse (I think that's the one) definitely needs some attention. Those ruts are not ridable.
they're going to reroute the end of schoolhouse and yancey. i wish they'd leave them alone. i can still ride 99% of schoolhouse. and honestly, sometimes weather can tame stuff down. remember the big gully you used to huck into after the sharp left hander on raiders? been gone for about 4-5 years now...i recognize i'm in the minority on the "let it be" issue though. one cool thing they're doing is putting a trail that cuts out a lot of the roseboro and MST parts of Yancey. so more new trail, yes. fucking with existing trail? hellz no.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to the wheelie spot to do some wheelies. No wheelies were performed. So I yelled at folks enjoying themselves in the park. Fuckers having fun and shit. I bet they can't ride a wheelie either.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The brake lines will work, whether or not they're actually different? Meh. They're all mineral oil.

What year float 32? Is there a 4 digit ID code on the lowers?
No. Fox Factory Float 32 RLC F-series. It came off a factory Yeti bike, so...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I trust trashpicked/curb alerted an unused 18" weber smokey mountain from a local neighbor. Only thing it's missing is a cooking grate. Even came with a cover. Amazeballs. Also scored a powerwheels mini cooper from the same house.